Sign in to follow this  

Led flasher / powerbomb header

Firts question is there a new flasher I can buy to run my new led blinkers so they will flash slower, I don,t want to wire resistors in each blinker wire housing.. Next I have made a bunch of mods to the wr250r Q4,airbox modds,FMF control etc. nothing left except the header will I notice this upgrade? Lots of upgrades do nothing except empty your wallet. I know the 290 kit is out there but don't want to do that to such a new bike and under 1500 miles.

Thanks

I had an 08 wr. I sold it and bought another one a few weeks ago because I really like using it for what is designed for. I often wonder if the mods are really worth it, for what the Wr's purpose is. I would like to have a full exhaust, with a fuel programmer. I do 60/40 with the Wr. Its a blast. I also have a 2009 450exc, and a 2008 300wcw KTM for my other types of riding. Should I spend the money doing the upgrades on the WR?

No save your money for what it is I have GYTR Pipe and programmer etc etc. and theres a difference but its only about $50 worth of your money. I love the bike but since you have other bikes save your money. Your 300 will eat it before it even goes on the pipe

There is also the Megabomb, I think they were supposed to start shipping this month.

Do a pipe, save on the header. I have the header, not that much different, plus you don't buy a wrr/x for the power anyway, as stated above. Just derestrict it, and call it a day.

Last weekend I was messing around with the 450, and the wr back to back. There is still snow cover here. The 450 feels like a liter bike compared to the wr power, and torque. It feels like it has 4 times more power. Way lighter feeling. Lower center of gravity, and more stable through nasty stuff at higher speeds. The WR is just a way better bike on the pavement. Smoother, and way more stable at 70mph. The wr has stock tireson it, and the 450 has 606's on it. I dont understand how the wr is getting well over 1000 miles with Dunlop 606's. My exc 450 has around 500 miles and they are getting shot.. I love the Wr for duel sporting.