Sign in to follow this  

Anyone on a 2010 ?

Two local racers do, but they immediately sent theirs off for engine work and revalving; they're aspiring pros and do not ride stock anything.

There are a few other reports on ThumperTalk on the 2010 yz250f regarding the engine and suspension. A quick search should pull up the few threads of positive input.

What would you like to know specifically? I have about 20 hours on my 2010 at this point and before that owned each year YZ250F from 06-09 so I have a baseline for comparison.

great handling. fairly good stock suspensioni. fairly gutless engine. ill play around with the gearing a bit but at the moment with stock gearing its just gutless compered to my old yz250f. apart from the engine its pretty good

I've owned WR400/450F's for the last 10 years the 2010 YZ250F is my first 250 and first MX bike. I am happy with the power, I love the light feel and the way it looks. I race hare scrambels so in the woods the suspention is killing me, I'm going to have it revalved for the type of rideing I do but so far I'm happy with the bike. I do miss all my luxuries that my WR's had, E-Start, Kick stand, I had an auto-clutch. I'm confident that when I get it dialed in I'm going to be much faster on the 250 over the big heavy WR450.

just got mine a few weeks ago, but so far i'm super happy with the bike. Based on riding the 10 back-to-back with my 09, I can honestly say that it was worth while to make the upgrade. Only had about an hour of riding on it before this weekend, but I still opted to ride it for Round 4 of the AMA National H&H. Bike ran great, but my only complaint was that I had the suspension set way too stiff for the race (ran same settings as on my 09) and I took a serious beating because of it. Once I get the suspension dialed in, the bike will be perfect.

got 20hrs on mine dialed suspenion,pipe,hotcams st1,knock off about 6lbs and love it.some people not happy with top end but cams,gearing or ported head can fix that.

I have a few hours on mine. Love the chassis (and my last 250f was a suzuki). Motor isn't bad but not the fastest bike I've ridden. I'll do a few bolt-ons and go from there. But as a starting point, it is an amazing bike. Feels so solid / quality. Love the handling, stability. It's just a fun / easy bike to ride and I expect it to last.

Thanks for the feedback guys . I picked up a 2010 and could not be happier with it !

I like the low end power even if the top end does falls off , maybe it just fits my riding style ?

Suspension feels plush to me but I have not raced it off road yet just mx.

This bike handles like a dream for me ,dives into corners when needed and is yamaha steady at high straight away speeds.

Glad you are liking the bike. I have the same feeling about the handling..the intial turn-in is maybe not as quick as my RMZ was but its close. But I can still grab an inside line so easily the bike is so easy to turn...and predictable. And it's almost like you'd have to try to get it to react oddly. It's so accurate and stable. The motor isn't crazy fast but it's not bad at all. I like it. Overall it's an awesome bike. No one should let some of the shootout results sway you away from this bike.