2006 vs 2007 WR450F

06 vs 07 - NO contest, the 07 + models are waaaaaaay better. Between the CRFX and the WR it's a very tough call. I would buy the pre 07 X before the pre 07 WR though.. My only complaint with the WR's is the terrible access for maintenance. The CRF's are easier to work on so that's also something to consider.

I've been a Honda rider growing up. In 07 I went with a friend to the Yamaha dealer to buy a Wr 450. The moment I sat on the thing I was hooked! At the time I was riding a 2004 250X. Suddenly my 250X felt like a cadillac!! The alum. frames on the yamaha are way slimmer between your legs compared to the X. I went home, talked to the wife, and convinced her that I needed to uprgrade to the 450 and made up some crazy story how Yamaha has made the perfect trail bike. Hey, if you are married you understand!!! Anyway, couldn't be more happy with my WR. My brother has an X and I call his bike the Caddi!!

My friend has a 06 wr 450 and I have a 07, and we have ridden eachothers bikes a couple of times. I think their both great bikes but you can really feel the lower center of gravity on the 07. The 07 has a few upgrades like bigger footpegs. I think the 07 is the way to go

I suggest the 07+ WR. When I was looking for my bike (08 WR450) many friends were suggesting the Crf250/450X as they all ride both models. Since I have bought mine, all but one wants the Yamaha. All...I say that again...all have replaced their valves and constantly have to adjust their valves, and thus is why they want the WR now.

The Yamaha is hands down mor reliable/durable.