Sign in to follow this  

Florida Bikes stolen in Titusville Fl

Another sad story about stolen bikes. Had them locked in my trailer, pushed up against a fence at a hotel in Titusville. I saw one of the guys who participated, he stood there watching us load the bikes in the trailer. I thought he was just another Bubba Stewart wanna be, but now I guess the glazed look in his eyes didn't have anything to do with the love of riding bikes. They were selling drugs out of their hotel room all weekend. My fault for not sleeping out in the trailer I guess. Had about 20 Harleys sitting out in the open they never touched.

They took 3, we got one back. It didn't have much gas in it so they dropped it off on an old road out in the hood in Mimms. It was covered in a black grit, looked like tar dust is the best way I can describe it. A fine black gritty compound. If anybody knows of an area that has been recently tarred or knows of an area with soil like that, please let me know I will tell the Titusville PD.

One was a 2008 KLX450R with a 2 Brothers slip on exhaust. No lights work when they are riding it, maybe that will make it stand out a little. The left radiator panel is cracked also. Best bike I have ever owned.

2003 YZ250, no decals or stickers on it at all. New plastic, never got a chance to put on any stickers.

There is a $500.00 reward for any info that helps get these back. I know it is a lot to ask but if anybody down there sees these bikes, could you please call me or the Titusville PD 321 264-7800. Case # 10-13418.

My cell is 440 724-0590 Joe B. Funny how you can get so attached to a machine! I know these crack heads don't care about that, if there is karma, I can only hope they end up paralyzed and their collared green eating welfare collecting family has to take care of them until they die.

Thanks for listening.

Will keep an eye out over here in Jax, I ride Ocala also.

Sorry about your loss. Not many of us KLXers around here. Matter of fact mine is the only one I have seen since I moved here last Sept.

Should be easy to spot. Any other things to look for? This theft thing seems to be big here in Florida.

Just re-read and the 2 bros pipe should be out of the ordinary too. Will def keep my eyes peeled. People that steal bikes should be shot dead.

They've been doing a lot of road work on I-95 in the area, mainly just south of there; there are stockpiles of asphalt millings in various places along the interstate. Could be a place to look.

Where were you staying?

It seems to be open season for thieves these days. County jails are overflowing and there are more and more people on the street who should be in jail or even prison. Law enforcement is less and less effective against these people and even when they are caught , they get a slap on the wrist and are right back out there doing the same thing again in a week or less. The system is failing badly in my opinion. worse yet, your taxes probably pay for this guy's welfare check so he will never have to get a real job and can continue stealing and selling drugs.

Not sure how to add pictures in here. I have a good pic of the KLX with the exhaust on it. Hopefully it will be unique enough to stand out. And with no lights on either end when it is running. I appreciate the response and the shared feelings. I can't say what I really feel about these people in here or I would be shut down. I tried to imagine it when I heard about it happening to other people but it doesn't really sink in until you look in the trailer and everything you love and worked so hard to earn is gone.

I will try ti figure out how to put pictures in here, hopefully it will help.

Thanks again.

Joe B

I just got back last night from Daytona Supercross, which my son raced in the Amateur race and did the RCU on Monday. Got in to Daytona Friday night with 09 KX250F locked in back of Pickup parked under the lights right out front of Hampton Inn adjacent to Speedway. Came out Saturday morning, chain cut and bike gone. Had to stand in 4.5 hour line to register him for the Sunday race, even though he now had no bike. Couldn't secure anything that day and even tried at the SX Saturday night, but got to bed at midnight with no good leads. Sunday morning went to track at 7:00 am and was able to find someone that let us use his practice bike, which saved our trip from Chicago. Met another guy from Miami who had 2 bikes stolen out of his pickup. He saw them loading them at about 2:00 am and chased them, called cops and cops said they couldn't chase. Vehichle was also stolen, so got away. Seems like a lucrative business down there, especially during bike week.

Im telling ya, it is an epidemic. I am on a lot of different streetbike and dirtbike forums and there is a constant string of stolen bike threads pretty much everywhere in the country. as I said, I feel that the people who do this stuff just get a slap on the wrist and are right back out there doing it again a week later if not the next day

Wonder if these guys were waiting on bike week/daytona supercross weekend? Really ashamed this happened here in the south. You came down to enjoy the area and got your bikes stolen. :lol::banana:

Easiest way to post a bike pic is to create a www.photobucket.com album, then copy and paste link.

example: http://s775.photobucket.com/albums/yy33/seaflorida/KLX%20at%20pond/

:banana:

I have to wonder why? Is this something they do for profit by selling or just a "joy ride" thing?

It sounds like this is a felony (grand larceny) and should get more than a slap on the wrist. I do know that between the time an arrest is made and going to court can take up to 3 months are more. The fact is the court systems are backed up because we are prosecuting more criminals. It may appear they "get away with it" but the reality is they just have not been sentenced yet and can be released on bail.

The real difficulty is catching them. Most of these thefts end with the bike being dumped somewhere after they are done with it (it runs out of gas or broke). I had a friend who had 2 bikes taken from his garage and it turned out to be low lifes in his own neighborhood. The police found a garage full of stuff and most of it was taken from neighbors.

I have been to most of the tracks in the state and race FTR. I used to stay in hotels and had a heavy duty cable and lock. I installed a forged eye bolt in the bed of my truck and would run the cable through that. However if someone wants it bad enough they could use a torch or some high tech cutter to cut through the cable. Now I have a small toy hauler I use for the races. Dirt bikes are especially "easy" because they don't have tags and the police don't typically monitor trails/tracks, don't require a key to start, and are lighter/smaller to lift and carry away.

Mark C

The criminals know that there is no penalty...even if they get caught. It's a game. It's a joke. I work for a law enforcement agency.

Thank the ACLU and the bleeding heart liberals. It's only going to get worse folks.

I have insurance on both of mine. I do everything I can to secure them, but if they are stolen, so be it. I'lll take what I can get from the insurance company, go buy a new bike and start the cycle over.

they caught the guy riding my sons bike and let him go because he said he bought the bike from someone. I was pissed but the cop told me there was no way it would have held up in court.

http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/xexman44/

Trying this photo bucket, hope it works!

We were at the Super 8 right along 95. They said they had video cameras but when the cops went to get the tapes they said it wasn't working or something. Should be easy to find a pickup coming into the lot late at night and leaving a few minutes later with 3 bikes in the back. Could be a trailer but still it would only be there for a few minutes early in the morning. Thanks for the tip about the asphalt. Thinking about getting a private investigator, he can use all these tips.

Not enough can be said about what should happen to these animals if they ever get caught. I just thought of a good joke but I'll bet the forum guys would blacklist me...it was cute though...

Thanks guys for all the reply's. I know crackheads and tweakers come in every size, shape and color. But I am 99% sure who stole these bikes. Can't hate all of them but it sure is easy to hate these ones. I am hanging on to the hope they will show up sooner than later. Amazes me the thoughts that run through your mind when something like this happens. And most of the thoughts I couldn't put in here. No politics I think I read in the rules. But no, the judges need these people out on the street so they can vote in the next election for their man, they will will use every spineless reason they can come up with to not prosecute these heathens. I guess it was my fault for not paying more in taxes so these poor guys wouldn't have to steal, we could give them enough welfare to make a good living without resorting to crime. My bad.

I appreciate the concern from everybody. I am offering a reward on craigslist for these bikes so if anybody finds them, it will be the happiest money I ever spent!

Thanks again guys.

There is no honor among thieves. I would like to see a group of dirt bikers catch them and deliver some street justice before they are handed over to the cops. These reprobates have no moral compass and would pluck the coins out of a dead mans eyes. They are nothing but a big zit on the butt of society.