Sign in to follow this  

my dr is a ruined!!

so hey guys i havnt been on for a while, i ended up selling one of my dr350's to raise some extra cash for my 93dr350s project bike, i liked it b/c of hte kick start.. well im regreting doing that now!!

about 9 days ago i decided it was a great idea to take out my 94 roadtrip bike and do a good run on it, well everything was going great! nothing mechanically was going wrong. like always i never worry about the bike failing..

so im cruising down route 40 here in central ohio, it was just starting to get dark and i was heading home plus it was kinda cold out for me so i had a little bit of the shivers.

im cruising about 55-60mph then all of a sudden this dumb azz driver pulls right out in front of me!!!:banana:

i did a firm press of both breaks and let off and swirved to the left and then the dumb azz swirved to the left too!!! as i layed on my horn and breaks i lost control and wiped out!!

i layed the bike down about 45-50mph roughly on the left side, right before i lost control and layed it down i see big shiny guard rails to a bridge to the left of me maybe 50yards away, as i did my skid i managed to get my left leg trapped under my bike for a brief 3 seconds or more, then i kicked away from it, i rolled and slid all over that road, then i hear bam smash pow pow.. my bike slammed into the bridge piller!! i instantly cryed! my baby i have been working on all winter done, i just layed there in the road for like 10 mins!

got up and was surprised my joe rocket padded jacket held up well but im going to be def. needing a new one, my helmet pretty roughed up time for a new one too.. my arms and legs got scratched up some blood shed and my azz cheeks were red!

so soon as i got up and looked around i realized the car didnt even pull over!!!!!!!:banana::foul::banana::foul::banana:

some passer by on the other end of the road seen it happen and got everything but the licends plate number. so i walked over to my bike and im soooooo sad i really dont want to even post pictures,

i had only lyabilty so im screwed!

the only savalgable things on the bike is the tires,sprockets,motor,some electronics, maybe the break calipers, and carb..

so now im just going to salvage as much as i can over to my 93 project and hopefully have the bike ready for this summer at least..maybe..

sorry guys i just had to update everyone and rant a little,

iv already searched up and down that road the car turned off of and didnt see nothing what that passer by said it looked like, the police will be keeping their eyes out too, i doubt they will ever be found but its better to hope than to just completely forget about it,..

other than that whole ordeal im pretty devastated, :lol::banana:

yeah i was happy i didnt break anything! but the bike oh my loss big time, i think im going to break down tomm and take pictures of the bike and post them, not sure yet, im so far at a loss of 1500$ and no road trip to cali for me now! which sucks!!! i had this planned out forever

That's horrible. Glad you made it out with only a few scratches. The driver of the car should be hanged by the neck to within an inch of his life.

Really sorry to hear about that, but glad that you came out of it ok. Bikes can be replaced a lot easier than skin and such.

Any crash you can walkaway from is a good crash no matter the damage to the bike. Did you report the guy to the police and if so what happened? I asked a friend of mine who is a cop and he said technically the vehicle was not involved in the accident so he is not at fault no matter how much this situation sucks but thats in california. Where the tires on the bike DOT legal?

oh yeah i had the police out there, they even had cruisers out looking for the description the passer by gave me, he even stayed to be my witness when the police showed up!.. i filed a report and that was about it, had a rollback tow my bike 52miles home..ugh that was a bill!!

everything on my bike was dot legal except for my headlight, i sported my favorite tires irc-gp110's

i know if i ever catch the sucker who pulled out in front of me and didnt even bother to stop im gunna have their azz.. i hope the cops will be able to catch them, since i have a witness i say my chances are 50/50

it was clearly the persons fault, i had maybe 30yards to think with and i was doing about 55-60mph in a 55mph zone.. i thought i had it good when i vered to the left then they swirved too! i almost think it was intentionally how hard they swirved over.. but then again some people really cant drive worth a crap soo they coulda panicked and didnt know which way too go..

they must of now been looking either when they pulled out b/c i have some bright azz l.e.d lights and was on high when this took place, plus i have a bright solid orange helmet!! and orange hand guards that were on the bike as well..

but yeah i agree its better to be ok im sure if i were of to hit that guard rail too i wouldnt be typing right now, id prolly be eating out of a straw for a year and having a nurse wipe my butt for me