Sign in to follow this  

Dear pro taper

-why don't you just label your grip glue for what it really is- super glue?!

If I'd have known that, I'd have known I had .2 seconds to get the f'n grip on all the way, instead of 1/2 the way on where it STUCK!

Now I get to buy another set of grips, when I only need one.

F my life.

fmylife.com

Fo'get all that - Just spray a small amount of brake cleaner in the new grip and a tiny amount on the bar.... It slides on with EASE and then it will evaporate within about 2 minutes... No slip, no problem, NADA.....

Wow...I just got a new set of Tag grips and there glue....hope the Tag glue is not like the Pro Taper glue......thanks for the warning...

I use golf club tape...wrap the bars in it( only where the grip goes) the pour lighter fluid in the grip slosh it around then put it on...I promise if you do it right that grip will never move again..and you have plenty of time to put it on

I used spray paint on the new grip.

So far so good- nothing like having 23 bucks in your darn grips!

Got to be fast and know what you are doing. I use cheap crazy glue. I can't spend $8 on grip glue.

Nail polish remover will remove the Protaper grip glue.

Fo'get all that - Just spray a small amount of brake cleaner in the new grip and a tiny amount on the bar.... It slides on with EASE and then it will evaporate within about 2 minutes... No slip, no problem, NADA.....

Yes, I'm quoting myself... THIS METHOD WORKS DAMNIT! :lol::thumbsup::banana:

I could turn the tit on an elephant 540 degrees.

I super glue (grip glue) and 3 safety ties on my grips and they only last about 3 rides before they begin to slowly spin. (Clutch side mostly)

I usually just spin them back a bit every few motos. Doesn't really bother me. Much :banana:.

QUOTE]

I would pay a dollar to see that.:banana:

I super glue (grip glue) and 3 safety ties on my grips and they only last about 3 rides before they begin to slowly spin. (Clutch side mostly)

I usually just spin them back a bit every few motos. Doesn't really bother me. Much :lol:.

i think you may be over-gripping just a touch.:banana:

I use rubbing alcohol to install the grips (same premise as the brake cleaner): goes on wet and evaporates. Safety wiring is the way to go to make sure the grips stay in place.