Sign in to follow this  

Are S/E/SM plastics all interchangeable?

Guys,

Now i've got my new engine, and supermoto wheels, my bike is looking a little sad.

My E plastics have taken a beating off road, and I want to replace them all with other panels.

I've got an E tank, which is obviously going to stay yellow... So I'm guessing the rest of my panels are going to have to all be yellow too.

Can anyone tell me if the panels are interchangeable between models? I'd like an S/M front mudguard ideally, and perhaps some other plastics too.

Any suggestions on colour schemes keeping the yellow tank?

they are the same except the after market rear fenders are e models , but thats what you have so thats a plus. only thing i know that may be different is the color yellow if you bikes is older than 01

Yes I even put 2003. Klx400 plastics on my 2007 drz400sm so hell to the yes PS rear finders are a little different but will fit

The sub frames are not all the same, but as far as I know the SM is the one the plastics from the S & E don't fit well. It's all doable with a little trimming though.

Other than the front fender (which are completely interchangeable), the S and SM plastics and tank are exactly the same. The E is the odd ball with different rear fender, tank, headlight and headlight shroud.

I bought plastics from Acerbis, namely the rear fender that is listed for a S or E but does not fit the SM without some cutting. Sub frame is different. It also does not have holes for the bolts that hold the bag on the top of the fender, but I prefer it that way.

I bought plastics from Acerbis, namely the rear fender that is listed for a S or E but does not fit the SM without some cutting. Sub frame is different. It also does not have holes for the bolts that hold the bag on the top of the fender, but I prefer it that way.

It won't fit the S without cutting either. The S and SM share the same sub-frame. You can't always believe what is printed on a package.

Not only do I not believe the package, I don't believe the guy who I specifically asked for direct bolt on plastics that wouldn't need cutting which ones to order and he said these fit the SM bolt on and sold them to me like that after assuring me hes put them on several bikes, bolt on :banana: