non union collarbone

Dr. Mark I broke my collarbone the end of May 2009. Last week I had a plate and bone graft put in. What should I be doing right now? (Vitamins, bone stimulators etc.)My Dr. only has me in a sling for 2 weeks, but I want to make sure it heals this time. I'm 49 yrs old. Could you tell me approx how long before I can ride? Thanks for hosting this site!

+ having the surgery done correctly. :banana:
Calcium + Vitamine D + not smoking

+1??

Not every fracture is the same, and not every person heals the same......

Post some preop and postop xrays if you get a chance..... (he'll probably show the post op film at your first follow up)

Dr. Mark I broke my collarbone the end of May 2009. Last week I had a plate and bone graft put in. What should I be doing right now? (Vitamins, bone stimulators etc.)My Dr. only has me in a sling for 2 weeks, but I want to make sure it heals this time. I'm 49 yrs old. Could you tell me approx how long before I can ride? Thanks for hosting this site!

SLING... no sling for me but I am a bit younger and not sure what your break looked like....

Cannot tell you anything until we see an Xray. Need to make sure it was done correctly before we go any farther.

his is very simple. At 10 months you have an established fibrous union/nonunion and odds of bony union at this point are nearly zero.

These can be treated non agressively but it is up to you. If you want to live with the symptoms or modify activities that is a fine way to go. If not, you may wish to have it fixed, which is not a rare thing to do nowadays. It is not a trivial operation and not without risks. Get a second opinion if this is the way YOU want to go and your doctor disagrees.

Expedia.ca