Sign in to follow this  

California California State Parks Initiative - $18/yr Lic. Fee and Free Admission

well since its $5 a car load now to get into a SVRA park, it will be a better value for us riders that use such places, but it seems the state will lose money on us if we go more than 3 times a year to a SVRA. Its WAYY cheaper with a boat at the lakes with this plan.

It's just another tax slid in under another guise that the majority of which funds will never be used for its stated purpose.

Every one of these increases are marketed as the final solution to some funding crisis. Then, within a few years when most voters have forgotten about it, the crisis resumes with another campaign to pass another fee/tax/etc.

Look at all the add ons on your property tax bill as an example.

I'm totally against this one. Why a per vehicle tax? Makes no sense. I have 5 vehicles with a plate and I don't want to pay an extra $90 a year. I don't spend nearly that much now going to state parks. What about all the people who never go to a state park.

Just make it a more normal tax. Tagging it on vehicle registration makes no sense.

They have lost public trust to use the money properly.

I am against it for that.

They would be better off selling it as a pass. Otherwise as other say, just a way to slide a new tax in that the politicos will abuse, it won't pass.

Mike,

The money would be made up by folks who do not visit parks.

and why should people who do not visit the parks pay for our usage?...I am against this. It is just another tax if they didnt abuse the power and money we already give them they wouldnt need to generate more revenue. I am just sayin.......

The road to hell is paved (paid for) with good intentions....no matter how much I would love to see billions pumped into our parks...tell me why those that do not use these parks should have to pay a usage "fee"?

Seems like a good way to get the populace pissed at the OHV community.:banana:

I think this has zero chance of being approved by the voters. It's an ill conceived concept by the tree huggers. As soon as the general public realizes this will make their already exhorbatant car registration fees go up this measure will go down in flames.

Instead of asking for more dough, they need to make themselves smaller first. I say hell no! The trails are fine as far as I'm concerned...

T

Seems like a good way to get the populace pissed at the OHV community.:banana:

There are 278 parks. How many are OHV parks? What is it 5 or 7 or something equally small? I'm pretty sure the OHV parks pay for themselves. It's all those other ones that need the money. I have a feeling that the big well used ones do pay for themselves. The lower 150 or so of them are cash sinks that no one visits.

Don't be fooled. One of the things this new tax will be used for is to fund the state's continuation of the MLPA=Marine Life Protection Act which is in the process of shutting down 20% of our coastal waters to recreational fishing & diving. The best 20%. The faux enviros are actually helping fund this "process" thru charitable shell organizations. They call it public/private funding. They get the ball rolling and then the taxpayers are stuck with the bills in the long run for continued "monitoring" of the marine reserves. They use "their" scientists so the data always supports "their" agenda=more no-take reserves=less fishing.

I know fishing doesn't = dirtbiking but it's the same type of people that want to shut down places to ride OHV. They use the same tactics such as more closures = increased "pressure" on the areas left open which = more reasons to shut down the "over-pressured" areas that are left. Just say no. No more new taxes for any reason. If the state can't run these parks maybe the least profitable ones should be sold to the private sector whom I'm sure could run them at a profit with some new ideas.

If the state can't run these parks maybe the least profitable ones should be sold to the private sector whom I'm sure could run them at a profit with some new ideas.

Or turn a couple of them over to the OHMVR Division to run them as SVRAs.

Ride on

Brewster

Or turn a couple of them over to the OHMVR Division to run them as SVRAs.

Ride on

Brewster

+1 :banana: