Sign in to follow this  

Tm en300

Im looking at a 2007 300, one thing id like to find out.

How is the reliability of the TM's? Being italian it scares you off abit

hi,i am italian and tm bikes are reliable as others and if you can find easily replacement parts it's ok :banana:

tm 2 strokes engine are really well made...

a lot of my friends have tm bikes.... but 125 cc...

a friend have a tm 250 2008 ...it's beautiful:D:D

sorry for bad english.... i am italian and i can only make simple words :lol:

I have a 98 300en, it is very reliable, and it is very durable. If you compare it to a jap bike everything is stronger, nicer looking and better thought out. It is slightly heavier than a comprable bike but mine has taken enough high speed get offs and hillclimb tumbles to prove to me the little bit of extra weight is in the right places.

I will add if you don't have a parts supply source you might want to keep looking. If there is dealer or shop support go for it

they're as reliable as anything else as long as you keep up with the maintainece, i know two people with tm's, one has an 06 300 and one has an 08 300, and they are very maintainence intensive bikes, both of them have a very notesable, and sharp drop in power after around 15-20 hours due to ring wear, and things like wheel beerings, linkage bearings, chain sliders and what not seem to wear much more quickly then most bikes, the guy with the 06 has since moved onto an 07 CR 125, and the rebuild intervals on the 125 are longer then his TM 300.

they're as reliable as anything else as long as you keep up with the maintainece, i know two people with tm's, one has an 06 300 and one has an 08 300, and they are very maintainence intensive bikes, both of them have a very notesable, and sharp drop in power after around 15-20 hours due to ring wear, and things like wheel beerings, linkage bearings, chain sliders and what not seem to wear much more quickly then most bikes, the guy with the 06 has since moved onto an 07 CR 125, and the rebuild intervals on the 125 are longer then his TM 300.

Do you know why this is?

It depends on the rider and conditions. Trail rider=50 hours ring. Piston=100 hours

A or AA rider= 20-30 hours depending on race type. Piston=50-60 hours. You may be able to go longer on the piston. The only way to know for sure is to measure piston and barrell wear. Keeping the ring tight will extend time for piston replacement . It is also a good idea to change the small end bearing and clips while you are in there.

Remember to check the top of the port edges for slight champher, so the ring doesn't catch.

I had an 01' 300en and it was awsome. Solid reliable and low maintinance. I ran mine for 2 years on without a strip down. When I did rebuild it the rings & piston were still in spec. I replaced them anyway. I would class myself as a fast trail rider, probably just below expert. I ride a couple of times a month on 2 day rides doing harder options/sections. I dont have a very good name with most of the bike riders around as I like the hard stuff. So it didnt have an easy life

• Like 1

How many hours do you get on a piston/ring set?

both guy's to rings every 20 hours, piston every 3 ring changes (60 hours) the piston in the 06 is always worn to the service limit and the ring end gap beyond the service limit at time of replacment, the 08 isn't quite there but he does it anyway, the guy on the 06 is a faster rider, but he doesnt race at all, if he did he'd probably be around high b/midpack a grade, his CR 125 get's 25 hours from rings, and 75 hours from the piston before they're at the service limit.

you will get many hours from a DRZ :lol:

yep, many many hours o dragging that heavy SOB up the side of hill's :banana: