Sign in to follow this  

Help me choose NEW/USED

I am going to buy a 450sxf to prototype my snow bike I am engineering and for riding with my fiancee on the track and trail. Anyways that not really important but I have found two different bikes and need help deciding. I can either buy a brand new 2008 leftover for $5830 with taxes and registered and it is about 300 miles away but I have friends over there how I might be able to get them to bring in to me for not to much case. Or a used one of the same bike that is stock with BRAND NEW tire, plastics and graphics, with chain and sprockets at about 90% and I must so the bike is pretty mint for $4706 shipped, with taxes and registration. Oh and this bike has just under 50 hours on the hour meter.

So what do you think. The new bike is pretty cheap and inst to far away. And the used one is in really good shop and was a dealer demo bike and was taken well care of(I assume) and in 1100 dollars less but does have 50 hours on it.

Any suggestions.

Oh and I already own a 2007 250 sxf. I love the bike but need a bigger one for the snow bike. Well at least want a bigger one for the snow bike.

Go with the new one. 50 hrs... Hmmmm. New means not used and you know what your buying, It comes with a warranty as well. 300 miles no biggie when your spending that kind of coin.

Good luck

I'd easily pay $1000 more for a new bike. KTMs are reliable, but 50 hours is 50 hours.

I got my 08 450 SX-F new as a leftover (in 09) for around $4900 out the door, but unfortunately that dealer is far from Idaho. See if they'll bargain on the price a bit. The 08 SX-F isn't very popular, I'm guessing mostly because of the four speed.

wow, thats quit a bit less. I was leaning toward the new one to as I agree 50 hours is 50 hours. Ill do a bit more searching and see what I can find.