Sign in to follow this  

Need HELP QUICK~~~

OK, so I was going to go buy a new bike today from a local dealer. Local dealer asking $8700 for this bike. Friend of mine suggest's calling this out of state dealer who raves about this guy and his prices. So I call the guy up and he tells me he'll sell me the bike deliverd to my door for $8200~~!! I'm suppsed to meet local dealer in 30 minutes to buy this bike! What do I do here? I want to support local dealers. I also want to save $$500. I want to give the local dealer a chance to make a sale. Should I ask local dealer to come down, or ask him to throw $400 worth of goodies (jd jet kit, intake pump, new helmet) into the deal and walk out @ $8600 from the local guy, or should I just buy this bike from out of state dealer, save the $500 and add the goodies myself later??? ahhhhh....:banana: HELP a brother out here~!?

Tell the local dealer about the deal you're getting and see if he can match the price... if he wants a sale he will. If not, there's your answer. You'll save $500 either way. What kind of bike is this anyways??

Tough call, as I like to shop locally as well.

I'd go see your dealer and ask if he can match their price. If not, then ask about a voucher for $500 worth of stuff. I've always found it never hurts to ask. :banana:

I'd call and tell him you just found the same bike for 500 less. All dealerships pay the same for the bikes. So if he wants to sell one he'll drop on it or He'll say he can't do that and then its his loss.

Just from experiance with local dealers around my area, they typically won't budge, almost makes me want to buy a bike somewhere else just because it seems they don't give a rats a$$ here... not great CS in my opinion:foul:

Like another post said, tell the local dealer what the other price is and see if he can match it, if not go with the lower price.

Nice bike choice by the way, I think you will be very happy.

Thanks for the info guys......I did just that. Told the local dealer what was on the table and he stepped up and beat the offer, earned respect and a got a life long customer! I'll be owning a new bike before the weekend is over :banana:~~!

Wow glad it worked out great for you. I think I'll try doing the same when I shop for a new bike.

Oh and we expect pics when you get the bike!

i went to my local dealer last year in january for an 09 crf250. they said after tax and title and setup it would be 8200. went to the dealer 2 hours away and they said it would be 6600 otd. guess who i choose. the local dealer offered to match it but i didnt want to give them any business since they tried to charge 2000 for shipping and set up

Get him to throw in a shop manual :banana:

KTM's come with a two different manuals, handy breif case and tool set!.....wooohooo, I didn't realize how cool the tool set was until I noticed that every bolt on the bike is one size( at least that I would ever need to tinker with), any yep, you guessed it, it's a handy "T" wrench that comes in the tool kit!!!

Wow glad it worked out great for you. I think I'll try doing the same when I shop for a new bike.

Oh and we expect pics when you get the bike!

Yes, pictues will be added very soon. I'm already planning a ride next week!

i went to my local dealer last year in january for an 09 crf250. they said after tax and title and setup it would be 8200. went to the dealer 2 hours away and they said it would be 6600 otd. guess who i choose. the local dealer offered to match it but i didnt want to give them any business since they tried to charge 2000 for shipping and set up

I understand that they have to make some money just like the rest of us, sure they have to at least try to get every penny possible, but it's the damn stuborness and theiving attitude that really eirks me. I'd had limited dealings with this particular dealer until today but the other three dealers in my area are :banana:. i wouldn't buy a .25 stick of buble gum from them. Today I told the KTM dealer that I needed to get the best deal that my budget could afford, he smiled, said he'd do the same thing and gladly met his competitions price. (I shopped around and called 5 different KTM dealers in three different states). That guy earned at lot of business today. Plus, my buddy wants the 450 XC-W, and he took an addtional $300 bones of his already bottom dollar just because i said we'd buy the bikes together:thumbsup: