Sign in to follow this  

Oklahoma Tulsa Riding Buddies

I just moved back to Tulsa about 7 months ago, but I haven't really had the chance to ride. I went out to Alpha MX in Okmulgee about 3-4 months ago, but that's it.

I am hoping to find a riding buddy or two or a group, so I'm not out there alone all the time. My girlfriend goes with me, but I don't think she'll want to be sitting at the track too much this summer.

I plan on going at least 3-4 times a month this summer. I mostly like to ride tracks, but I wouldn't mind hitting Gruber, Apalacia Bay, or Little Sahara. :banana:

-Austin

I'm kind of in the same boat you are. Except a little older =) and in Muskogee. I am planning to go to Gruber maybe this weekend. Not sure how wet its going to be though and I have only been out there once so don't know it too well.

Anyway I enjoy some track time myself though I suck but hey won't get better without practice. I would be up for going to Inola or Alpha maybe. Inola isn't to bad though its been some time since I have been there.

I wish I could ride this weekend. I've got a lot going on in school for the next couple of weeks, but after that things should be sorted out.

I'm not very good at track riding either. Which is the main reason why I wanted to kind of find some riding buddies or maybe a group that wanted to go out every weekend or every other weekend and just ride/teach and have a good time.

hey man, i live in pryor which is about 30 minutes northeast of tulsa. i would love to ride sometime, i have only been riding about a year. i usually ride the GRDA/Kerr ORV, but i would love to ride gruber and appalachia bay, maybe some tracks. i usually ride alone, sometimes with my dad. i really dont know many people around here that ride though. anyways, if you ever wanna ride some weekend, pm me or something.

WOW! You guys need to check in with these guys

http://www.tulsatrailriders.com/ Its all off-road guys for the most part, but great group none the less. I grew up around the TTR, so its a family friendly environment that you can get the wife and kids in involved in as well. They meet at the Mazzio's @ 51st and Sheridan(Tulsa) @ 7:30 on the second wed. of every month. Just ask the girls at the counter to point you in the direction of the TTR meeting. They run the Scipio ORV area over south of Henryetta. All the trail is marked and one way year 'round.

Also, Check out http://www.stillwater500.com It's $75 a year, 30+ miles of single track, 7 miles of atv, and an MX track. It is $75 a year for a family membership (City Parks and Rec organization) All the trail is one way and marked year 'round. Since I'm a motorcycle mechanic @ a shop in Stillwater and journalism major @ OSU... this is where I ride 75% of the time. There are also 3 tracks within spitting distance of Stillwater, Area51mx usually holds night practices on /friday/saturday nights during the summer. The track is tame and its an awesome time.

You guys are in the dirtbike capital of the midwest. There's so many places and people to ride with if you just look around.

Some of the guys over at Tulsa Sportbike Riders are dirt people too, they have a Dirt specifi forum on their site.

http://www.tulsasportbikeriders.com/forum/index.php?sid=517cc69388949dc2791d264a7294ca1d