Sign in to follow this  

Pics Wanted: Close up of SSW/MRD flange.

Please post up some pics of your MRD/SSW installed; close up of the header & flange area so I can see how mine looks compared to the rest.

Want to make sure it's in there like it should be. I'm sure it is, but I'm anal. :banana:

THANKS!!!!

Please post up some pics of your MRD/SSW installed; close up of the header & flange area so I can see how mine looks compared to the rest.

Want to make sure it's in there like it should be. I'm sure it is, but I'm anal. :banana:

THANKS!!!!

Rather than that.... why don`t you post pic`s of header/mid pipe so we can see if it`s normal..... What are your concerns?????:lol::thumbsup:

Erling

Would do but I'm at work, so is the bike :banana:

Concerns are:

A.) I couldn't torque it properly because of my lack of the ability to mate an allen key and my torque wrench in a suitable fitting way which leads me to wonder if..

B.) It is fully seated. I'm not sure of a way to confirm other then wiggling it, which it certainly won't.

I should mention I didn't use any thread locker!

No thread locker needed. Heat would just burn it up anyway.

You torque your exhaust bolts with a torque wrench? You are anal.

If you can't see a leak or feel exhaust pulses leaking out by holding your hand close...I'm sure that you are fine.

I don't think it is really even possible to screw it up while getting both bolts connected through the flange. Only way you could screw it up is have a bad gasket or no gasket.

Good gasket, I bought a new one just in case though (bike has about 3000 miles on it).

No gasses leaking as far as I can tell, it gets hot so fast I don't really keep my hand too close for long. And yes, I am Anal! Bike is here at work, I work at an Engineering firm and have a master toolmaker helping me work on the bike LOL. Talk about overkill.

The reason I ask is the pipe terminates in this funny kinda angle type that I have never seen before. I'm used to a straight insert type. It looks different is all.

But MAN it sounds AWESOME! I got the DRC heat shield Dave supplied powder coated black and threw it on, looks super awesome! :banana:

I'll post a pic later :lol:

They dont need to be very tight. If you put anything on them put some anti seize so you will be able to get them off..