Sign in to follow this  

where to send my head

I just tore apart my 02 CRF450r and was wondering where i should send my head in to get my valves replaced. I was going to bring it to a dealer but they said they are just going to send it in somewhere anyways. i would probably just be cheaper if i sent it in myself ey? any thoughts?

Why not do it yourself and save like 500 dollars?

I would send it to Millennium Technologies. There in Plymouth, Wisconsin they do awsome work. I just had a cyilender redone there and I would recommend them to anyone. There phone number is 920-893-5595.

Been sending my heads to them for a long time. Top notch.:banana:

Phil whyatt .....apple valley ca. 760 240-3914 !!!! just ask Ty davis and Chris Blaise , Phil does ALL of thier work .......THE BEST !! imho

never go the cheap way with a head. send it to Kibblewhite Precision Machining in pacifica CA. Me and my family have been doing business with them for years. they used to be the main manufacturer for honda's valves. Ive never had any problems with them. they have all the right machines and mechanics doing the jobs. very friendly and very personal. they are a family shop with a big reputation. http://www.blackdiamondvalves.com/

they used to be the main manufacturer for honda's valves.

used to be?? that doesnt sound good first of all, why aernt they doing it anymore? how do you know that KB used to make hondas valves?

and second of all, the honda TI valves are complete garbage IMO, especially the intakes. so making honda valves is nothing to be proud of... thats why they have so many intake problems.

Just got my head back from Pro 1 Racing Heads. New copper seats all the way and guides. Pocket ported and stock valves, machine work done with a cnc machine. All I can say is wow, big power improvement and decent price. Four day turn around including shipping.....

I always order up full Kibblewhite valves and springs, then go to a local machine shop that is well known for good work on head assembly and let them do it. My money stays local and I don't have to wait more than about 2 hours while he's doing the work. Trust me if these guys can put together heads for a 600 hp chevy 350 they can handle what I need out of the ol CRF450.

We can send you a brand new head with our stainless valves, high performance springs and titanium retainers, for what you would pay for someone to rework your head and supply parts.

But if you decide on having yours reworked, get out valves and spring kit package and take it to them with your head.

Check them out http://www.bigborethumpers.com/heads.html

newhead.jpg

Nothing wrong with CRF heads, its just the combination of hard metal seats and coated TI vlaves. The hard seat and coating dont do well with each other, unless you dont ride in dirt or are ultra anal about air and oil changes. But with copper seat or SS valves, they last and work great.

APE Jay, not to down you or anything, because you were my first choice, but if you are going to be on here promoting you product, at least have your product. I was going to buy a head, but you had none and it would have taken 1-2 weeks to get one done. So thus I had to go for a rebuild with copper seats and cnc porting which I think worked out best in the end.

Ron hemp , he now`s what he`s` doing, Very good work , and valves too.