Sign in to follow this  

California Pesky pigs at Hollister......

I camped at Hollister last year for spring break and the pigs were a nightmare. We camped by the showers. We lost a bunch of food the first night and all the other nights they were rooting, rummaging and fighting in the campsite. Just wondering if anyone has been there recently and can tell me if the rangers have done anything about them. I did call the ranger station but their answer was a bit vague.

Thanks

There will always be lots of pigs at Hollister. Don't piss off the big ones.

You should not be leaving food out anyway. The racoons, squirells and chipmunks will also desend upon your site in minutes.

Don't camp near anyone with dogs as they will bark all night if the pigs are around.

Last year at Hollister, we were next to a motorhome full of pesky pigs at the farthest in campground that partied all night, burning pallets, and hooting and hollerin' and "...rooting, rummaging and fighting in the campsite.." about 5 feet from our tent. They rode their hopped-up minibikes nude at high speed around the parking lot about 3 a.m.

Yeah, NUDE.

In the morning, there were bikes and crap strewn all over.

My son & I warmed up our two-strokes next to their motorhome promptly at 7:00 a.m.

But no swine in sight.