Sign in to follow this  

California Carnegie's MX track:(

I was at Carnegie this weekend, had not been there for a coulpe years! I couldn't believe how crapy the MX track was. I'm not really a trail rider, so I planned to put some laps in, after a few, I was out and hit the trails. It's pretty sad when the LaGrange track in the middle of summer is better...

Edited by srmoye2678

I was at Carnegie this weekend, had not been there for a coulpe years! I was couldn't believe how crapy the MX track was. I'm not really a trail rider, so I planned to put some laps in, after a few, I was out and hit the trails. It's pretty sad when the LaGrange track in the middle of summer is better...

I was there last saturday, and I had a different view of it. I'm more of a trail guy, so that might affect my view. Anyway, I thought the overall condition of the track was ok, but there were some muddy spots that ruined the experience. I know it had been recently raining, but looking at the track layout it seems like they could have made some areas where the water could run off to, instead of forming pools of water/mud. It would also help if they would use a bobcat or other tractor once or twice a day to deal with some of the problem spots. I've seen much better track maintenance at Hollister Hills, they even water the track several times a day. Carnegie's track goes pretty much ignored by the staff.

As far as La Grange goes, their track sucks year round in my opinion. The dirt is usually too compacted and rutted, seems like riding between broken concrete pieces. The tracks' design at La Grange also seems to make for a very dangerous track, the rider's view is very limited because of how it's built around the hill, and there's jumps that look a bit too close to blind turns. It could be 100x better if it was watered/groomed regularly and the rider had a better view ahead.

Anyway, for $5/vehicle one can't really expect that much.

I was there last saturday, and I had a different view of it. I'm more of a trail guy, so that might affect my view. Anyway, I thought the overall condition of the track was ok, but there were some muddy spots that ruined the experience. I know it had been recently raining, but looking at the track layout it seems like they could have made some areas where the water could run off to, instead of forming pools of water/mud. It would also help if they would use a bobcat or other tractor once or twice a day to deal with some of the problem spots. I've seen much better track maintenance at Hollister Hills, they even water the track several times a day. Carnegie's track goes pretty much ignored by the staff.

As far as La Grange goes, their track sucks year round in my opinion. The dirt is usually too compacted and rutted, seems like riding between broken concrete pieces. The tracks' design at La Grange also seems to make for a very dangerous track, the rider's view is very limited because of how it's built around the hill, and there's jumps that look a bit too close to blind turns. It could be 100x better if it was watered/groomed regularly and the rider had a better view ahead.

Anyway, for $5/vehicle one can't really expect that much.

Well they have been racing pretty often at LaGrange, and the track is a great one the day of and after a race. It has a new lay out that is good, but ur right I was being a smart ass about riding there in the summer months! Carnegie's track was hard as a rock and deeply rutted with a few mud pools.

Being as it's been raining lately they haven't been out at the track to get it in shape. Don't know how La Grange is, but Carnegie does maintain their track and most of the time it's decent.