Sign in to follow this  

Rifling on the intake in carb? Pics, does this improve anything?

I saw a pic on the net of a cr500 with this done on the carb? Do you think it even does anything noticeable?

Picture2-7.png?t=1268245310

I would think that the rifling would only cause obstruction of the air/fuel mix and make the bike run like crap. But on the other hand, that might make the fuel mix better and make it a little more snappy. I've never seen anything like that before though.

I had it on my old 2000 KX125, it was built by REP I believe. I couldn't tell you the difference it made as I bought it that way and the bike was 167cc.

My guess is they are trying to create air swirl. I couldn't tell you if what they have done will do it though, if it does, it will create better fuel atomization and more power.

My guess is they are trying to create air swirl. I couldn't tell you if what they have done will do it though, if it does, it will create better fuel atomization and more power.

That is exactly what they claimed when I looked it up years back when I got my kx125.

It does nothing even though that was the claim to help create a swirl effect, it doesn't swirl once it hits the reed block and or not enough force to make it swirl. The swirl effect was money leaving your pocket for such a mod.