Sign in to follow this  

Quick DR350 questions

My wife has a 96 DR350 and we are getting ready to take a fairly long trip and I want to gear it up for the highway. I'm pretty sure the stock gearing is 15/41 and I would like to put a 16 tooth on the front. Seems no one makes a 16 tooth front, is there a really bad clearance issue using a 16 tooth sprocket? Is it a slight clearance issue that could be fixed with bit of grinding? If so, does anyone know where I can buy a 16T front?

If the clearance issue can not be overcome or a 16T sprocket can't be had, anyone know where I can find a 37-38T rear? Really would rather run a 16T front though.

Also, anyone know where I could find a Corbin for the DR350 in stock. Leaving in two weeks.

Found out that the DRZ 16T will bolt on and I will have to do some minor grinding. Also found a Corbin in stock. All cool. :banana:

The DRZ sprocket is supposed to fit the DR350 shaft, but you will need to grind some material off the metal guard to clear the larger sprocket. That is the only reason they only offer up to 15t as a replacement part. A few members over on Maximum Suzuki use the larger sprocket for mainly street use.