Looking for Helmet advice

I currently have an old bell moto helmet. I am looking for a new helmet for the upcoming riding season. I am currently looking at a vemar helmet or a fox helmet. Has anyone had any experience with either brand.

Edited by rich196s
spelling

i had a fox v3 for a while, then i moved to the bell moto 8. i liked the moto 8 cause it was the coolest helmet i've ever worn. my head actually got cold because it was so well ventilated. i took a hard spill and cracked it, so i decided to try a shoei vfx-w. that helmet, hands down is the best one i've ever worn; i'll never wear another helmet. if you haven't looked into those i suggest it if you can.

I currently have an old bell moto helmet. I am looking for a new helmet for the upcoming riding season. I am currently looking at a vemar helmet or a fox helmet. Has anyone had any experience with either brand.

Personally I would choose the Italian made Vemar over the Chinese made Fox. Vemar makes great helmets and they are ECE approved, which people in the know find superior to Snell. Their VRX5 is a round head form shape so if you have a wide head, it will fit well. Their VRX7 is an oval head form shape so if you have a narrow head, it will fit better.

I have a Fox V3 think its a pretty good helmet even if its chinese made. Got a smoken deal on it in 09 because it was an 08 model if its good enough for Ricky and James head it works for me. Have no opinion on the Vemar have never owned one. Not here to give you advise on something I havent tried because of where its made!!! The money thing was my selling point

I bought a large and really think it should have been a medium it is a little big but not to much just feel a medium would have fit tighter to my head. Ordered it online so I didnt try it on first. My previous two helmets where both large and my new Polaris snowmobile helmet is a large and is really a tad to tight. If at all possible try it on first everyones size seems to be different. By the way the polaris is made by bell

Got it on fleabay for 125 delivered cant remember who was closing them out but a heck of a deal in my eyes!!!

just got my airoh today, if you want a light helmet, the stelt is the one to buy, posted some pictures in this thread

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881623

so nice I'm not sure i want to put velcro all over it for the helmetcam and goggle quik strap

Wow that Airoh looks so tempting, wish they sold them in the U.S. Are those made in Italy?

Wow that Airoh looks so tempting, wish they sold them in the U.S. Are those made in Italy?

yep, they are italian made, the weight is amazing, when you take a 3+ pound helmet, like an arai or hjc, and then compare it to this 2.2 pound helmet, you wonder how they got it so light

it's a good thing for the other companies that these things are not sold in the US

bad for us consumers though

I've got a Fox V3 and find that it's light weight, good ventilation, and overall quality make it a good choice. They do seem to be a little snug compared to most others especially when putting it on or taking it off. So you might want to consider getting the next size up. Good deals can be had if you look around.