Sign in to follow this  

crf250x spark plug

hey i have a crf250x and i think that i need to change the spark plug. Does anyone know exaxtly how to get to it.

pull the seat, shrouds, tank and pull the plug cover and get a socket wrench with an extension. i can't remember what si the plug is, (16mm ?) and then get some sort of pliers, or something to pull the plug. i made a custom set up to get the plug out. i put in "play doe" and packed it in the socket and then up some pressure on the plug so the clay would form to it and it would grip it and pull it out.

make sure you blow out the spark plug tube before removing the plug so no foriegn matter fall into the cylinder. and also a magnet works well one the plug is removed.

pull the seat, shrouds, tank

You don't have to pull the shrouds off the tank to take it off just the lower to bolts where the shrouds mount to the frame and radiators.

+1, blow air up through the weep hole on the side of the head too

crf's are sold with the plug wrench and a needle tool. If you didn't get the wrench i suggest buying one, most automotive sockets won't work.

make sure you blow out the spark plug tube before removing the plug so no foriegn matter fall into the cylinder. and also a magnet works well one the plug is removed.