Sign in to follow this  

California Marine activity at Twentyninepalms.

I wish there was a way for us all to use the land, the Marines need it for training and we need it to recreate. Hopefully a comprimise beneficial to both can be achieved.

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/03/10/exclusive-marines-live-fire-training/?test=latestnews

Ya, send letters to MCAGCC and tell them you want to ride dirt bikes in the areas they train at - and tell them you deserve it more than their training activities too. You wanna win this war on terror or not? :banana:

I think you missed the point of my post.

Are you aware of the Marines desire to take one of the largest open riding areas in the country and turn it into another training area?

Just to explain myself, I was stating that it would be nice if they could use that land (the open area) AND we could to.

Im not suggesting for us to use the areas they are using currently.

I think you missed the point of my post.

Are you aware of the Marines desire to take one of the largest open riding areas in the country and turn it into another training area?

Just to explain myself, I was stating that it would be nice if they could use that land (the open area) AND we could to.

Im not suggesting for us to use the areas they are using currently.

Yes, I do know about their expansion and it does suck for a dirt biker no doubt. Wouldn't it be great if they replaced our habitat 1:1 somewhere? Won't happen.

National defense trumps all other needs - and in our case unfortunately for this particular location.

Or, just take all the land to the East of the base. It's not a riding area, and not populated with cities that would be upset with all the blasts. But, we can't do that because it is a wilderness area, and what qualifies that area is that big horn sheep might want to use the valley, to get to the other mountain range, for little procreation. They aren't sure they are actually traveling 50 miles and doing that, but you know, just in case. I say F the sheep and let them screw on their own mountain, and bomb the shat out of that area. Also, JV is the largest designated OHV area in the world, and when any of the proposals go through, all of the world famous Hammer Trails will be no more.

Lastly, I find it hard to believe, that there isn't a large chunk of land in Texas, or New Mexico, that they could converge 3 batallions onto 1 spot....

Sorry, rant over.

Wilderness almost trumps National Defense. In fact, in this day/time it does. :lol:

And so, this is where we take it. :banana:

Wilderness almost trumps National Defense. In fact, in this day/time it does. :banana:

Yea, I'm sure you woudn't be be suprized to know how hard the Military has to fight to keep the land that they use for training. The tree hugers and varmit lovers are doing thier best to snatch that land also. loosing a riding area to the Military would make me sad but I would never complain about it.

Semper Fi, Leather Necks!

Yea, I'm sure you woudn't be be suprized to know how hard the Military has to fight to keep the land that they use for training. The tree hugers and varmit lovers are doing thier best to snatch that land also. loosing a riding area to the Military would make me sad but I would never complain about it.

Semper Fi, Leather Necks!

I have done work for the base and am familiar with the issues they face.

I wish there was a way for us all to use the land, the Marines need it for training and we need it to recreate. Hopefully a comprimise beneficial to both can be achieved.

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/03/10/exclusive-marines-live-fire-training/?test=latestnews

This isn't a new fight. Its been going on a while. The Marines are very interested in a mutual compromise.

It goes something like this...

"STFU cause we are taking the land."

"Don't protest or get in our way and we won't aresst you"