Sign in to follow this  

2006 yz125 worth it?

Looks like a good buy to me - 1800 would be give away IMO. I just bought a cherry condition 07 YZ250FSE for $2,500. You'll need to replace the shift stopper on it unless he already did that. It needs an '07 part.

Thats a pretty good price. If i was looking for a 125 i'd definitely buy it.

Good price good bike you should get it the newer 125 are all selling for about that much and with the stuff it has it sounds good!

I think it's worth the $2500 he is asking for it. Mine is pretty similar as far as mods and I can tell you it cost a pretty penny!!!

The bike looks good in the pix as far as condition, but you need to see it in person. Good find and great bike...no disappointments.

well guys ive been trying for $1800 and then &1900 but hes pretty firm on $2000 which i dont mind. Seems like a great price still and the guy seems very nice. Im gonna go pick it up tomorrow. He is including all the stock parts with it(Levers, bars, pipe). Im pretty excited to ride it because ive been on 250fs for a while. And ive never ridden a 125. Well i owned a kx125 but the damn thing was always sluggish and never ran right and seemed slower then my kx100. Anyway how are these yz's? I hear nuttin but good things about them especially the newer aluminum frame ones.

well guys ive been trying for $1800 and then &1900 but hes pretty firm on $2000 which i dont mind. Seems like a great price still and the guy seems very nice. Im gonna go pick it up tomorrow. He is including all the stock parts with it(Levers, bars, pipe). Im pretty excited to ride it because ive been on 250fs for a while. And ive never ridden a 125. Well i owned a kx125 but the damn thing was always sluggish and never ran right and seemed slower then my kx100. Anyway how are these yz's? I hear nuttin but good things about them especially the newer aluminum frame ones.

Here they go for 2600+ it seems... Buy it now!

I paid 2000 for the same model/year bike last summer and have at least 500 into fixing all of the necessary maint on it including new nikisil, new fork oil, seals and bushings and replaced the shock oil. (luckily, I can do this myself (exc nikisil of course) or it would have been much more. Ask about the shift stopper lever. It is a 10 - 16 dollar part and takes less than an hour to replace, but if it failed, the little ball bearings are in the tranny. It looks to me like the PO took good care of it and I wouldnt be surprised if the shift stopper was already done. If so... buy it now. Thats a good deal if the bike is maintained. BTW, this is a wonderful bike.

hey guys. So say that the part isnt replaced im going to want to replace that part ASAP as soon as i get the bike for piece of mind. Was this part prone to damage on all the 06s or just some? Also can someone show me the part on a diagram or something? Lastly anyone have any how to threads on how to do this? thanks

hey guys. So say that the part isnt replaced im going to want to replace that part ASAP as soon as i get the bike for piece of mind. Was this part prone to damage on all the 06s or just some? Also can someone show me the part on a diagram or something? Lastly anyone have any how to threads on how to do this? thanks

All things shift stopper related!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595439