Sign in to follow this  

Ugt help! Sdg seat number

Hey guys... I've just got a seat delivered by Ballards down here in Oz... I asked for the SDG Tall Model for a 2006 EXC 300...

The SDG site says it should be a M217 0r 230... But the seat I got delivered says M117 on the base and 217 on the box?!?!?!

I'm looking at it right now, and am not convinced it is taller, has anyone got any experience with SDG using the same seat base and just changing the foam!?! And what is the actual height difference...

From photos I have seen, I was almost expecting it to be flush across the top...

I need to get back to the shop asap with this and unfortunately my bike is away so I can't do a direct comparison right now!!! RAH!!!!

Cheers for any info...

Crush

The tall seats are flush across, for all intents. I would return it for the correct seat.

IMO, SDG quality has gone south. I had an older version that was put together quite well, with a quality cover. The one I purchased recently was made in China:bonk: and lacked the quality of materials my old did, no wonder it was on sale for $30 new. :banana: Sounds like QC is suffering on more than just the seats.

EE or Guts are better quality, IMHO.

Cheers for the info! Mate, I swear I've had some bad luck with mail parts ordering

It's kinda annoying because my Bike is at my Old's place in pieces and I can't compare it to the normal seat... But it definitely doesn't look that tall or flush..

Measuring up from the apex of the seat (the low point) it is barely 6 inches tall... ???

Anyone else got any thoughts...

Cheers for the info! Mate, I swear I've had some bad luck with mail parts ordering

It's kinda annoying because my Bike is at my Old's place in pieces and I can't compare it to the normal seat... But it definitely doesn't look that tall or flush..

Measuring up from the apex of the seat (the low point) it is barely 6 inches tall... ???

Anyone else got any thoughts...

my SDG is a just a little over 6" from the lowest point, straight up to the top of the seat. So, you may just have a tall. my sticker on the seat says M-230, but the pan has M130 stamped on it. One may pertain to the complete seat and one to the pan. since some seats have to acommodate a battery.

Cheers Bud... I just got off the blower to the old man, got him to measure the stock seat and he thinks its about 120mm... and this is about 150... so it looks like I might just have a tall... still... thought it would be more?!?

And I was expecting the M230 as well... But it says it fits so what the hell, I guess I'll see when I get home...

The guy at the shop did say the pans are the same, they just add a different foam... How hard would it be for them to stamp something else onto the base?! Sheesh!!!

Ok, so I just heard back from SDG...

The M217 is tall, but the M230 is the tallest, which apparently Ballards don't stock, and realistically, no one even said there were two heights!!!

RAH!

Got it on back order, need all the height I can get!

Cheers...

Crush