Sign in to follow this  

Tire suggestions please

I know there is alot of opinions out there and a lot of diffrent tires. I got a hook on some SM wheels from a member here and I hope we can work this out. I will do mostly road. Maybe a dirt road here and there. I do not ride too hard but love to loft the front wheel. What is a good tire for my needs.

I ride dirt roads on occasion, some hard pack dirt trails as well. Logging roads, gravel of course. I get into 5th on the roads, but never out of 3rd on trails so it's not like I'm flying. I use Michelin PP, love them to death.

i've just switched to the Avon Distanzia's and all I can say is WOW...they work great....I've had Pirelli Diablo Stradas, Bridgestone BTO16's and now these.....I have rode them in the rain, gravel, hard pack, mud, dry tarmac and snow and WOW...:banana:...the Avons rock.

I know someonewho has just mounted a set of Shinko's and I'm waiting to hear their review.

I will be taking mine to the track soon and from what I have expereniced from these Avons is they are very predictable and have GREAT grip :lol:...

But I really don't know about the wear issue yet...only have a about 800 miles om mine in the last 3 rides so more seat time is needed:thumbsup:

BTW...we ride 75/25 :banana: