Sign in to follow this  

Custom dirt wheel for X

Well with no offers to trade wheels I started looking for custom builders. I found http://www.husqvarnaoutlet.com/ they can build me a front 21x1.6 with excel rim on my stock front hub for $400. This would eliminate all the brake issues with swapping to the R setup. This is a complete custom job with special spokes that are not stock items. So what do you guys think about this as a solution to my problem.

Have you talked to Forrest at Wheeling Cycle ? You can also PM creamcheese, he's the same guy. He can set you up with a custom wheel too, he's got a lot of neat stuff there.:banana:

Thanks but I think he has said before that he can't do it with the X hub. If I remember right it has something to do with the angle the rims are drilled and the length of the spokes. The guys I am talking to are making spokes and drilling a blank excel rim.

I have been talking to Forest at Wheeling this morning and he can do what I want for $240 plus shipping. I was wrong about thinking I read it could not be done. I will post when I get my wheel back. Thanks for recommending Forest it will save me alot of money.

Awesome stuff! :banana: He seems to bend over backwards to please and work things out if he can.

Awesome stuff! :banana: He seems to bend over backwards to please and work things out if he can.

+1

Pleasure to do business with and would again in the future.

uas a suzuki rm wheel,a kaw brake,rm rotor side spacer,make other spacer. 120 ebay parts. i put pics on the smj site under cheep 21 inch wheel.

slideleft,

What kind of condition was the rim in that you bought. On ebay they are all saying that they have some bends or cracks in them. Did you just get lucky and find a cheap good one? Or did you have to do some tweaking.... besides the custom fab on the rotor.

Well,spent about 1/2 hr retune rim.Was not a bad lookin wheel for a 93. Rotor was tweeked and i gave it a wack with a bfh,and it runs true ! In my life that never happens. IF you can score good parts,this is an easy and cheep 21. I never mind messing with my bikes so the swap is fine with me,if you need plug and play,call Forest.He did my DTX set cheeper than i could buy all the parts.

If you check suzi part numbers they use this hub a long time,so they can be had cheep. If you can score spacers,all the better. Other brake assemblys should work as well,just check to see if the hanger is 4inches acrossed bolt holes.

Like i said on the smj post,wanted a cheep,common,easy swap for any one who would like to have more options with an X ,think i did good for 120$

I got my front wheel yesterday. 21x1.6 black front for my X. It looks awesome and Forrest at Wheeling had my hub less than 3 weeks. For $248.00 my X has become a good offroad bike. If anyone needs a wheel built call Forrest he will not let you down.

Forrest at Wheeling Cycle used my hub. I am happy with the Pirelli MT21 on the rear so I will stay with the 17" rear. This was an easy decision for me because I will never go back to the sumo tires.

I checked the prices on the TT Store for a WR250X hub and with the discount, ordering a hub specifically for creating a 21" dirt rim for the X costs around $163.50 for hub, bearings, seals, etc.

Combined with the $248 +S/H that Forrest charges, that's a helluva deal for a custom made spare front 21" rim. (Add a OEM Rotor for $150 and that would make for a nice quick-swap setup)

I may do that if the 17" front knobby I ordered doesn't feel right.