Sign in to follow this  

need help deciding on 06 or 07-08 cylinder head for my 06 crf450.

cant decide on which one to go with have searched around but i cant really decide.what are the big differences on the 3 also will all the parts as far as the cam tower fit omn the newer heads.would i loose power going to the 07-08 head compared to the 06.

from what i researched for my 04, is that the 07-08 makes a tad more low/mid but looses a bit of high rpm power due to the smaller Exst. valves. I went with the 08 head and ss valves for my 04crf450 rebuild im doing now as i do mostly fast trail/woods riding. Not that the 07-08 head won't make good top end power, just seemed a good fit to try the 08 head.

Unless you are trying to build a 65hp flat track engine, the 07/08 head is the way to go. The only 07/08 specific parts you'll need besides the head are the smaller 07/08 exhaust valves. Your 06 cam tower will bolt right up.

Just rode mine for the 1st time last week. More down low w/ the 08 head. Everything bolts up from the 06, mine also being an 06 originally. I dont know what people are talking about losing up top. that really didnt change at all. I love what it did for me.

Besides the smaller exhaust valve, the intake port has a raised floor which helps air flow.

We sell a lot of our head packages using this head to guys with the earlier models.

Jay

can i buy just a 06 crf450 head from you without the valves.also i would like you to take th eflaws out around the valveseats