Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 way too tall

Hey guys For all you guys sayin I need a 125 2 stroke.BOY WERE YOU GUYS ALL WRONG I went to DHY powersports and looked at a 2009 yz125 man is it big im 5ft8 and for those of you that say I need a 125 better rethink.Anyway looks like ill be getting a kx100 or kx125 since they are smaller:moon:

You need to stop being a girl. I am 5'6 and ride a YZ250 which has the same seat height of a YZ125. You don't need both feet to touch the ground when you sit on the bike, one is fine.

You are either not 5'8 or like 25lbs. My dad is 5'8 (I am 5'9) and we both don't have any problems on any full size bike...

My friend is like 5'4 and rides a YZ250. My point is both feet don't need to touch, it certainly helps though. You'll probably be growing out of that bike in no time.

Also you cant really rely on people over the internet to choose a bike for you, there just tossing out opinions.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83102

I'm 5'8" /155 lbs. and I can touch easily with the Yamalink lowering link. The YZ 125 is the tallest 125 out there and is taller than the YZ 250 btw.

Easy to install and set up and easy to remove when you get good enough to not worry about seat height.:banana:

Plus...my bike handles like nothing else out with this link, even better than than when all it had was a Pro Circuit built suspension for me for waaaay more money!

hey vic2003 Im not a girl im proably stronger than you if your in my age group so shut the **** up and i AM 5ft8 I was measured like 5 times and Im proably a better rider than you what do you mean stop being a girl THATS BULLSHIT

Take 10mm off the sub frame on the lower mounts & cut the seat down.

At 5'-8" all bikes will be tall for you... I have the same problem!

hey vic2003 Im not a girl im proably stronger than you if your in my age group so shut the **** up and i AM 5ft8 I was measured like 5 times and Im proably a better rider than you what do you mean stop being a girl THATS BULLSHIT

...From the girl on the klx 140 (a girls bike)....

get a 125, you will regret not getting a bigger bike next summer. I bought a kx100 a few years ago, and 6hours of ride time later i bought a 250, and felt in place, less cramped over the jumps, and through the trails. You don't have to listen to me, but listen to this forum they do know what they are talking about.

lol you complainning about a 125 being to big for you? DEAL WITH IT, im 5'6 130Ibs and im on a 125 chasis (2008ktm200xc)and you can go by you sitting ont he bike either.. your gonna have boots on, add extra inch to your height, then your gonna have all your protective gear ( 10-25Lbs) which will weight you down more.. you can always shave 1-2 inches of the seat and lower your shock and forks 1-2 inches.. you'll be fine stop worrying and just buy it. i have a kx100 and its WAY to small for me:banana::banana:

OP you're too big for a supermini bike (unless used as a pitbike, but a kx100 wouldn't be good for that), if you feel the need for a lower height find a 125/250f with a lower seat height or like suggested shave the seat.

-My opinion

Also, I've ridden with a kid who rides a yz85 and weighs around 80lbs, he hopped on his dad's yz250f and cleared everything at the track :lol:.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83103

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83573

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83571

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83099

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=83572

I've never seen a yellow yz, that looks awesome :banana:

You need to stop being a girl. I am 5'6 and ride a YZ250 which has the same seat height of a YZ125. You don't need both feet to touch the ground when you sit on the bike, one is fine.

like doug said, yz125 is taller than yz250.

BTW you ARE being a GIRL so stop bitchin.... get a yz it will work out better than any KX and dont tell ppl you are better at riding if you ride a klx 140 and are scared to buy a tall bike chances are ur wrong thanks.

• Like 1

KXNick, I am not trying to be rude at all here, but are you the kid who is disabled in some way? Is the bike being to tall a problem for this reason..?

OP you're too big for a supermini bike (unless used as a pitbike, but a kx100 wouldn't be good for that), if you feel the need for a lower height find a 125/250f with a lower seat height or like suggested shave the seat.

-My opinion

Also, I've ridden with a kid who rides a yz85 and weighs around 80lbs, he hopped on his dad's yz250f and cleared everything at the track :lol:.

I've never seen a yellow yz, that looks awesome :banana:

I've never seen a yellow yz. Thanks kid you just made me feel old.:banana:

fyi

KX 100 = 34.3"

CR 250 = 37.1"

YZ 250 = 39.0"

YZ 125 = 39.3"

This is actual seat height at lowest setting if adjustable

My YZ with lowering link = 37.5" and cost $185 and 20 minutes of my time.

Shave the seat and you can get another inch lower.

p.s. thanks for the compliment on my yellow yz.

wow kxnick u poon i bet i could take you anyday but dont try and start something my friend is 5'3 and rides a 125 he weighs like 100 pounds and cant touch when he sits on his bike he either leans it up against something or stops and lays it over dont be a sissy