Sign in to follow this  

1996 Husaberg fc600. I WANT INFO

yeah tank is stock,, i dont know too much about them except they are beasts, they continue to be prolly the most powerful thumper out there.

Thanks. Is the ohlins shock stock? This is my first extoc(if I get it)

Yes, the Ohlins is stock.

Go to husaberg.org and read the "owners doc". Lots of good info and even better recommends on how to make these older 'bergs reliable.

that tank is an FE tank that uses a vacuum operated fuel pump.

most of the info in the husaberg.org owners doc concerns the '01 -'03 troublesome models. ask a question and somebody will answer.

once you learn the starting drill (kick just barely past tdc), starting is easy.

make sure the valves are adjusted properly, and start looking for a spare ignition stator.

The tank is not an FE the FC's and FE's in 96 had the same tanks. I had a 96 FC600 if you dont like to work on your bikes then dont get it. The bike is good but not great. It vibrates so bad it will put your hands to sleep and fast. The Dellorto carb was a pain in the ass for me. It is a REAL pain to remove the carb. I would try to put an FCR carb on it. I never had any problems but there are updated rocker arms, I heard they had problems with the stator but I never had a problem. If you are taller like me it is a bit cramped. Also due to the vibration the header pipes would crack at the mounts I had a neighbor that could weld stainless and fixed it for me for free. It was the worst four stroke I have had for flame-outs but I think the FCR carb would help that. The footpegs are smallish I made my own wide pegs but I think moose makes really nice pegs for them. Dont think I am bashing this bike it was a love hate relationship I loved riding it loved working on it but I hated the vibration and the carburetor. Just so you know there is NO oil pump on this bike the oil is pushed through the engine by crankcase pressure. It never bothered me but some people dont like it. I hope I didnt scare you I just want you to know this is NOT your RM250 good luck

On the other hand, my '06 FE600e counterbalanced engine was very smooth. The bike, other than for cam bearings and rocker arm roller tip bearings, proved to be very reliable for 14,000 miles. The engine was E-start and did have an oil pump (but not pressure fed to the top end).

Yes the FE's had a balancer and it made a huge difference I rode a FE501 and is was smooth. The 06 had a oil pump but the 96 did not.

Well the owner did something really uncool and there is a 99% chance I am not getting the bike.