Sign in to follow this  

Washington Pipe Dent Removal

Does anyone know a reasonably priced place to get dents removed? There used to be a guy just off 164th in Mill Creek that would do it for $30, but I don't know if he is still there or not.

I used Eric just last year...he is still in the same place. I can't seem to find his phone # but email is eric@ewmxschools.com.

Here you go:

425-487-0247

Edited by Remmy5
Found #

EW MX Schools

16821 35th Ave SE

Bothell, Wa. 98012

tel: 425-487-0247

Fill with water and put in freezer. Leave over night. Depending on how bad the dent is, you may have to repeat the process. No need to pay anyone for this service... it REALLY works!!

2s or 4s pipe? The freezer trick can split a twostroke pipe.

Good point... I just assumed a 4stroke pipe.

Be very carefull if you try the compressed air and torch method. Heat, oil and compression is the basics of a bomb. There is a reason the pros use nitrogen or other non flamable gases to do this work. But if you're going to do it anyways have someone get it on video!

I can do it for you. I work in Bellevue.

Propane torch won't do it, not enough heat.

Frank

425 922 5240

Tried the freezer/water didn't work.

Tried the air compressor propane torch, didn't work.

The freezer gig may work but I am very reluctant to fill a 2 stroke pipe up with water and freeze it.

The propane torch does not throw off enough heat. I tried this many times with no results. I even bumped the PSI way up and still no favorable results. You need a torch capable of getting it very hot.

Sending a pipe in to let a pro with the right tools do the job is a great option. However, at $50 for the repair then throw in shipping each way it starts getting close to the price break to justify buying a new pipe. Finding someone to do it for $30 flat would be a steal of a deal. If that service were available in Vancouver I would use it. Joe...........

I have a buddy that has an acetylene(sp?) torch and all the equipment including a high pressure valve release to blow out dents in both 2T and 4T pipes.... propane torches will not work. I have no problem with some discoloration doing it the rogue method.

Pacific Pipe Repair plugs the pipe and pressurizes it...then bakes the pipe so you get no discoloration from direct torch application.

Great info.

I've seen it done with a gas torch, I just suspected the propane would do it. Anyone try MAPP?

I used mapp. It worked, but rippled a little on my fmf fatty. Pipe didnt look new anyway so I dont care. It only did it where it was dented on the small bendy part near the engine. The big one in the expansion chamber came out flawlessly.

• Like 1

Just be very careful if you do this yourself.

Mine exploded, literally, and blew the end cap off the pipe. The pipe did stay in one piece though.

It was a good thing the end cap stayed secured to the pipe on one side, otherwise who knows what might have happened if that thing rocketed away.

And my buddy has done this many times and has a nice, well thought out system. Custom machined plugs, j-bolts securing the one end, pressue regulator, etc.

We had just finished one pipe, it came out great.

Doing the second one, after a bit, it just blew up. It was freaking loud.

We're not sure exactly what happened, but we're thinking there was a lot of spooge in the pipe as my YZ was spooging big time (I think because my top end was toast - rebuilding it now) and there was a lot of wet spooge in there.

Once the spooge reached a certain temp, combined with the pressure in the pipe, we think it just ignited instantly.

Once we stopped shaking we saw that the dents in the pipe were completely gone, so that was nice, we didn't have to try again.

We were thinking next time we'd try burning out the inside of the pipe first with it unsealed to see if we can burn up any unburnt combustables.

Filling it with inert gas would be the way to go like the professionals do. Or just leave it to a professional in the first place.

Just be very careful if you do this yourself.

We had just finished one pipe, it came out great.

Doing the second one, after a bit, it just blew up. It was freaking loud.

Once we stopped shaking we saw that the dents in the pipe were completely gone, so that was nice, we didn't have to try again.

Woods_Rider

Glad you guys weren't hurt trying to get the dents out, but your story is freaking hilarious:lol::lol: I laughed my A$$ off for a good 30 minutes after reading this, kept getting this mental image of a guy with a smudged face holding a torch in one hand and little wisps of smoke coming off his hair and a W! T! F! just happened look on his face.

I've got tears streaming down face right now as I try to type this, you're killing me Woods:smirk::banana:

Fill with water and put in freezer. Leave over night. Depending on how bad the dent is, you may have to repeat the process. No need to pay anyone for this service... it REALLY works!!

I'm Not sure about using it on a 2stroke pipe. But I tried it on my street bike 4

into 1 recently and I couldn't beleave the results, took three cycles of freeze and thaw. worked great.:banana: