Sign in to follow this  

DRZ kicker DS conversion

Looking at picking up a 2000 drz 400 kick start only. I want to make it street legal so I can ride around town, and to school and back. Have a friend that will sign the inspection papers, but he said I have to at least have High/low beams, tail/brake lights, mirror, and dot tires. How hard would it be to wire those up? I know the stator outputs 150w, so I should have enough power. Will i need to upgrade it or add a battery?

Was planning on getting the edge brake light, and maybe the trailtech X2 headlight. Would use a hydraulic switch with the rear brake.

I am not so great with electrical diagrams/terms, so please be stupid blunt with me.

Its not that hard man. I have the s model so my bike came with all this stuff. Baja Design makes a kit to add all this stuff. You should give them a call. I bet you could order just their wiring but I prefer the Baja Designs tail over the Edge but thats just me. As for the X2 light I really dont think you can go wrong with it. I have read only good things about the light output and quality of the unit. Just a little hard to stuff the wires behind for most but sine you have a kicker that wont be an issue.