Sign in to follow this  

6 pack abs

Since january 1st ive been doing this ab routine eveyday exept sunday so it been like a week and 2 month i wanna no your opinion on if it gunna work by the way im 5 10 i weigh 125 pounds and im 17 heres the routine

8 minutes of regular sit ups

2 minutes of situps i put my legs up on my bed forming a 90 degree angle

2 minutes of leg lifts

2 minutes of side crunches to the left

2 minutes of side crunces to the right

its march noe and by the middle of june i want a six pack i try to eat rite and lots of protein carbs etc i take whey protein complex and ive started creatine do you think this workout im doing will work out for me and is there anything bad about it or anything i should change

I would think at 5'10" and 125lbs you would be pretty lean as it is.

No matter what muscle group you're working you need recovery time in between workout days.

You've probably already got a 6-pack since you've been working out since Jan. You just need to burn the fat off of them. I would continue your routine...even ease up a bit... and add 30-40 min of cardio 3-4 times a week.

You'll be beatin 'em off with a stick in no time.

the thing with cardio though is im skinny already and im tying to get big so by running im just burning calories

the thing with cardio though is im skinny already and im tying to get big so by running im just burning calories

It seems kinda weird that with all that working and your light weight you still can't see them yet.

I would talk to a sports nutritionist or CERTIFIED personal trainer. They'll be able to taylor a routine and diet to get you what you want in the shortest amount of time.

Try the T-Nation website as well...TONS of stuff there.

I agree with what everyone else has said. . . .there is absolutely no reason why you shouldnt already have them with your weight and height. Not to be gay or anything, but Id like to see a picture of your abs just to know what a 125 lb. 5'11" person without a 6 pack looks like. . . .it really makes no sense to me.

Okay, Heres the deal. Exercise five days a week. Run five miles one day, do forty pushups and 120 setups the next day then run five miles the next day then 40 pushup/125 setups the next day and so on. what you start out on Monday, do the other the next day and so on. ( No sissy pushups, legs straight/touch the floor with your chest// same with situps legs straight and touch your toes.) and Remember only five days a week. Sat and Sun are party and riding and also resting days. Throw all those vitamins and other sh**away and eat real food. Thats worked for me for the past 47 years, and I didn't start riding and racing until I came back from Nam in 1967. Turning big 70 0n 24 Mar and still riding.

okay. . . .i should have known better

In all seriousness Id like to see the pic too. How can you be that lean and that tall and not have a defined abdomen? Theres no fat to be covering the muscle structre. What do you look like? A stick of gum?

Don't overdo it on the protein... Hard on the kidneys and you piss out the excess. I don't see how creatine is going to help much. There are many more ab/low back exercises out there. You need more variety and maybe more recovery time. Easy to fine enough exercises for a 30 minute workout.

I second the comment that genetics help.

Why do people work out their chest, arms, back, legs, etc... with weights but not abs? Do sit-ups with weight if you want them to get bigger.

But like others have said, losing the fat off the stomach is the best way to get a 6-pack but being 5'10" and 125 lbs is already really thin.

another thought - a guy is not allowed to request pics of another guy, ever, there are no exceptions to this rule.

listen, the rectus abdominos is no different of a muscle than anyother muscle in your body..period...do u train your bicepts with this many reps? i would say not, then wy do u train your abs this way? i keep my reps for my abs at around 10...i use wieghts behind my neck then the next set lighter and then free..i do full situp..crunches are useless..i dont believe in doing any exercise without a full range of motion..period...i then go to an ab maching made by nautilis..heavy is the key to a core if not done this way,u may pull the abs or get double hernia..afterwards i stretch the lower back..i have had zero problems with the so called damage regular situps are suppose to cause...

listen, the rectus abdominos is no different of a muscle than anyother muscle in your body..period...do u train your bicepts with this many reps? i would say not, then wy do u train your abs this way? i keep my reps for my abs at around 10...i use wieghts behind my neck then the next set lighter and then free..i do full situp..crunches are useless..i dont believe in doing any exercise without a full range of motion..period...i then go to an ab maching made by nautilis..heavy is the key to a core if not done this way,u may pull the abs or get double hernia..afterwards i stretch the lower back..i have had zero problems with the so called damage regular situps are suppose to cause...

WRONG! the abdominals are most certainly different the other muscles in your body. Due to their need to function as stabilizers all day long, the abdominals have a network of veins and capillaries that are denser than in many other muscle groups. This gives them a greater capacity for recovery. That is why ppl use high repetition excercises and also why they often train them everyday. I don't know about you, but my goal when training abs is more definition not size.

WRONG! the abdominals are most certainly different the other muscles in your body. Due to their need to function as stabilizers all day long, the abdominals have a network of veins and capillaries that are denser than in many other muscle groups. This gives them a greater capacity for recovery. That is why ppl use high repetition excercises and also why they often train them everyday. I don't know about you, but my goal when training abs is more definition not size.

Correct.

you lose "belly fat" when you lose weight. Doing sit-ups won't burn belly fat any more than any other cardio exercise. I work out my abs like any other muscle and when I eat right and drop a little weight, i can see my 6-pack and I am 32 years old.

I don't know if anyone has already said this yet, but you need to lose your extra stomach fat. You can do your routine, but you also need to do cardio workouts to lose the fat and your abs will eventually start to show.

my friends u are incorrect..muscle fiber is muscle fiber no matter if it is from the abs or tricepts..there is no difference in the structure of the fiber or the muscle as a whole..the appearance of the abs is due to diet and diet alone...without diet cardio and other caloric burning exercises are either usless or wont work nearly as well..i am aware of no study that state the fiber in the abs is denser or has different types of fiber that are not in anyother muscle...you must get the abs larger in order to get a nice looking six pack...period..there is no other way to gain good strenghth other than lifting heavy with strict form..period....abs should be done with wieght for 10reps then as u get tired free...no more than 15 reps...heavy and hard