Sign in to follow this  

2007 Sherco 510

Has anybody seen or heard of any valve shims thinner than the 732 listed in the parts manual. I have about 3600 miles on the bike and I the most recent valve adjustment has me using a 730 and a 731 (Intake) so I am anticipating my next adjustment. I don't race the bike just trail and dualsport so I would like to go as long as I can (with out harm to the motor) before I do a valve upgrade. Any help would be great.

I believe there a couple of smaller sizes not listed , I would give Ryan Young a call and see what he has available , he is very helpful.

I had the same problem and went to black diamond valves and as yet they haven't moved after a summer of hard trail riding .

Ryan Young Products . 6327 Midland Ind Blvd . Shelbyville, KY 40065 . 800-607-8742 . ryan@rypusa.com

I spoke with Ryan today, he searched through all his newer part numbers and nothing came up thinner than the 732 listed. Looks like new valves are in my not so distant future. If the valves continue to move at the same rate I should be good for this summer and maybe next I hope.

Would it possible to trim a couple down to a suitable size ? I imagine it could be done if there would still be a little left.

Shearboy, my engineer here in Australia worked out the safest thinest shim thickness for all 4.5 and 5.1 Shercos was 3.10 mm overall.(1.10 mm) This part isn't listed from Sherco, but using a surface grinder (magnetic) is a safe way to machine a shim down to the required thickness.Hope this gives you an insite to your valves.