Sign in to follow this  

g force wheels?h

anybody tried or know any dirt on these wheels? just looked over them in the rocky mountain catalog i just got. $500 for a complete set?! well sheesh i might as well buy a set considering its 2 complete wheels for 500. and if their not very strong ill just swap out the spokes with some o/s spokes. if i taco the rim ill just toss on the black rims i have on my bike right now. im not looking for people to tell me their junk because the price is $500 im not looking for people to tell me they look like weak turds in the pictures. im trying to get some REAL dirt on them. the spokes do look kinda small but it could be just in pictures they do. and heck $60 for spokes is still gonna save me a heck of a lot of $ for some nice rims and hubs and spacers right? take a look and let me know what you think. heck complete with rim, spokes, hub, bearings, seals, and spacers for 500 bucks? all the reviews on the website are 5 stars. also it says their "forged (not cast or billet) whats the difference between the 3 and is forged better?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=98&navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webCatId=8&keyword=G+FORCE&prodFamilyId=25152#vehicleSelect

I am also curious. I just got my new catalog from them too, those wheels sure do look nice.

I got a set for my cr250 about a month ago. I have only gotten to ride on them three times so far, but they are holding up great. The spokes are actually bigger than they look. So far they are good, and you cant beat $500 for two complete wheels. The instructions say to tighten spokes after every ride to break them in if there's loose spokes, but I haven't had any loose spokes yet. Only thing I dont like is that there matte so they are not shiny, and dirt and mud just like clings to them. I rode in the ocotillo wells desert for a day, and they were covered with dust, I couldent even tell they were black lol

well my black rims now, i cant see the black if its dusty. and at the track theirs only a mud back rim. not a black back rim. only way u can tell is the front rim is 75% black and 25% mud haha. anyways all spokes on all wheels down to bmx should be tightened after every ride during break in. then every now and again just for maintenence. like i said the spokes looked small but might only seem so because they are mere pictures. so you suggest i go and get a clear coat on them before i mount em? i like a little shine

well the g-force are a matte black so they are different from most rims. they do not have shine, so if you want them to shine then yea you could do that. I have only ridden on them for a few hours, and they are perfectly tight. as far as the spokes, they are actually pretty beefy compared to the stock ones of course. And another thing, they scratch easily, so be careful when you mount the tires

that thread was bunk and answered nothing

You're lucky you taught me what "bunk" means. I'd say get the rims, you're the one that I would look to for trying something new. Like that badass steering stablizer. How is that stabilzer?

You're lucky you taught me what "bunk" means. I'd say get the rims, you're the one that I would look to for trying something new. Like that badass steering stablizer. How is that stabilzer?

its pretty good, might need a little oil change but its good. i been testing it a lot and its great. but theirs no turning when its on full stiffest setting. maybe you can do a small turn at 5th pinned if you turn real wide. but its definitely the best stabilizer IMO. im the tester man i see? :banana: and you know i will test em nice

its pretty good, might need a little oil change but its good. i been testing it a lot and its great. but theirs no turning when its on full stiffest setting. maybe you can do a small turn at 5th pinned if you turn real wide. but its definitely the best stabilizer IMO. im the tester man i see? :banana: and you know i will test em nice

Nice! What setting are you normally using?

Hell yeah, test these wheels for me. I wanna buy them. :lol:

I actually think you showed me these awhile ago.

rlly? hmm maybe. well anyway i usually run the damper on the #7 setting which is the stiffest one. then on the remote switch i have it on off like on mx tracks and in the desert i have it on 50% on which would be equal to like #4 (where most factory desert racers run theres) but when it gets really rough or i get into a 5th tapped section i flip it to 100% on

I can't speak for the complete wheels, but i did respoke my wheel with the G-force spoke kit. They seem to be real nice - I'll let you know after I take em out and "test" them - but the quality seems good.

Carl Johansson

They be beautious wheels.

How does the weight compare to your stockers? They look great and products like Protect All or even McGuires spray wax/quick detail will help shed mud and keep easy to clean.

Its not a Fashion show ladies, When clean they look awsome, at 500$ for a Set you cant go wrong. A $hit set of ebay rims is nearly 550$.

Use rim protectors and as always id use some kind of polish or silicone based spray so not as much mud sticks, it will attract dust and sand though.

Do they use stock wheel bearings ? if they do thats a big plus.

I just bought the rear wheel, getting it tomorrow. Cant wait to try them out, definitely cant beat em for the price. Anybody had any problems with the spokes loosening?

Its not a Fashion show ladies, When clean they look awsome, at 500$ for a Set you cant go wrong. A $hit set of ebay rims is nearly 550$.

Use rim protectors and as always id use some kind of polish or silicone based spray so not as much mud sticks, it will attract dust and sand though.

Do they use stock wheel bearings ? if they do thats a big plus.

+1 on the bearing question? Because DNA's are a pain in the arse with their big bearings. (Definitely a reason not to buy the DNA's in my book)