Sign in to follow this  

New Parts in the 05 CR 250,...

So, last week I put a new Wiseco Forged Piston in my 05 CR 250 as well as a full Clutch kit, friction plates, steel and springs (Discovered that it already had a full Hinson Basket and Pressure plate installed, SCHWING!):banana: I also put both new sprockets on it with a gold O-Ring Chain and a new counter shaft seal behind the front sprocket, as well as put a set of neoprene seal savers on the front forks because the dust where I ride at is brutal on fork seals. Took the bike out saturday and rode all day, it ran flawlessly! Clutch is super smooth and the bike starts first kick every time, I am extremely happy with the bike to say the least, oh, and did I mention that it fricken Ripps!! Jetting is crisp and the bike pulls hard, Here's a couple of pics from last saturday,...

busco3.jpg

Busco2.jpg

Looking good! I'd like to know how the seal savers work. Seems like I always read how they can trap more dirt in where you don't want it.

Thanks, there are 2 kinds of seal guards that I have seen, one is actually velcroed on and they suck, trap tons of dirt, the ones I have, you actually have to take your forks completely off one at a time and slide them on, they are tightly stitched, they also fit extremely tight, I have been using them on every bike I have had for over 2 years now and they work outstanding!! If you notice how I have them mounted, they cover the whole lower tube, they are actually ment to cover the top half of the inverted fork and only about 3 inches of the lower tube. The way I have them, slid all the way down, no dust or dirt ever touches the lower tube, they have worked flawlessly for me on every bike I have ever had them on. I won't even take a new bike out for a days ride when I first get it until I have them installed.:banana:

Cool, thanks for the tip! :banana: What brand are your seal savers?

These are actually Tusk from Rocky Mountain Atv, this is my second set of these (2 different bikes) they hold up just as good as the actually Seal Saver brand and are about 6 bucks less.:lol:

Awesome, what size did you get?

The largest ones they offer, I believe are 42 to 48mm, they have long and short ones, I always get the long ones.:banana: