Sign in to follow this  

2007 250WR 6-speed install

Well it's in and it works great! :applause:I started inquiring about the six speed install in my 07 250WR last year and wallybean, the pioneer, stepped up with all of the information and was very gracious with his expert advise through the whole process. In the words of Charles Schultz, your a good man Wally Bean.:banana:

Thanks again.

Is the only way to get a six-speed is to have 360 gear system or can additional new hardware be added to our five-speeds?

Do a forum search for the 6-speed swap here and over at Husky Cafe and you should find everything you need. As far as the install it was, thanks to wallybean paving the way, a simple switch. Just pay attention to how the 5-speed comes out.

Right at the moment there are two early year husky 250's that have the 6 speed listed on craigs list for like $400. One is a 97 and the other is a 92. Just look up the jaxed sitemash craigslist for husky and they will come up. Part the bike out and you will probably end up with the tranny swap for nothing.

Good luck,

Walt

PS, Thanks Dave for the kind words. I just try to help anywhere I can.

A year of racing and trail riding and no problems......the best thing you can do to your 250/300 Husky.........period. :banana:

I agree with dirtaddict23, so far so good. You have to wonder why Husky stopped doing it for us. They had to of lost sales over it, 2T sales anyway.......but what else is there! :banana:

Dave

Find a used blown motor 1992 thru 2003 Husky and use it as your parts bike.

JustSayen :banana: