Sign in to follow this  

2010 starting question

hey guys i race hare scrambles and i didnt know if you guys had any good ways to starting a 2010 crf250r on the line.(dead engine start) For instance give it so many revs before you shut it off. compress the kick starter a little. anything would help.

also im short only 5 foot 6 inches an im having a problem starting it when i crash or stall when i set the bike up against a tree and kick it, it starts first or 2nd kick, but if there is nothing to set it up against it takes me like 5 to 20 kicks any suggestions would help

thanks

Im short too man, I feel your pain. but yeah I would just make sure the piston is at top dead center, then give it a good strong kick each time. 4 strokes are just ignorant when it comes to starting sometimes.

My bike fires up everytime by the 3rd kick.

If cold pull out the yellow idle screw, give it NO gas and it starts within 3 kicks everytime.

If restarting from crash, dont pull out the yellow idle screw, give it NO gas and it starts within 3 kicks everytime.

Mine starts as good as any of my 2 strokes started.

Just get with the series people , and ask to be put to the side or a row behind and leave the bike running. I do this all the time . I have been HScrambling for 10 years...and the KTM 4 strokes have a BIG advantage with E-start.....

Any how , if there are 10 people on your row and you are 5-6 to the first turn who cares....it sure beats being 5 turns behind and kicking your bike 20 times just because they have a " dead engine start " rule.

later.