Sign in to follow this  

California Middle Creek/Penny Pines Saturday 3/13

I'm heading to MC with my father and my friend Cody on Saturday to do some riding. If anyone wants to, they can meet up with us. We will probably cover 50-60 miles or so. Usually head out for one long trip all day and eat lunch on the trail. We keep up a good pace, but nothing too crazy. We don't like to stop at every trail corner, but we take some breaks to shoot the shit and clean the goggles. Feel free to PM if you want to talk about it or you can meet us there. We will likely be in a White F150 that says Cummings Concrete on the side - in the day use area. Two 250x's and 1 wrf250. My name is Jacob. We have to drive from Sac, so we'll probably be staging around 9:30-10ish.

See you there.

I've heard that it snowed again last night fairly low. Maybe a local will chime in....

As long as it is open, we will ride it. Can someone who lives around there let me know if they think it'll be closed?

It did snow down low last night. Im in Lakeport and we even got around a 20 minute flurry. I dont see it being a ride stopper as long as the FS doesnt shut the whole show down. Too bad I have to work. I am planning on riding on Sunday for sure. But it really depends on the FS whether they close the trails system.

I was up there last Sunday and it was pretty nice but who knows now. I dont see how it could be that bad but you dont know until you get there. There was plenty of snow up high last week nothing in the PP / MC area at all..................Oldskoo11

call ahead...............(707) 275-1430

Call the ranger station during a weekday, they should be able to give you an up to date snow status: (707) 275-2361

You will be calling when it is raining again,

Well they say it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be so bad. But I'm feeling like I'll be SOL.

Just checked with the ranger station, unless it changes pretty drastically between here and tomorrow, it will open. They've only recorded .13 of an inch so far.

Be careful. With Cow Mountain closed for the HS, Middlecreek will be seeing some increased traffic.

-t

Thanks for the warning. It's always a little sketchy at MC with the people sometimes, so I'll definitely be on the look out.

Some of you guys should go riding!

If they keep it open I will be riding Sunday morning for sure....

And yes watch well ahead. I know I will be......

Mud. Lots of mud. Crossing the creeks in and out of MC was a little dicey. Much more water and I wouldn't have wanted to do it. It's always nice getting water in your boots right out of the gate. Had a great day of riding though, did about 60 miles and covered everything worth riding. Some snow up at the top of 23/24. Nothing that messes with your ride though. Just don't expect to stay dry.

^^^ did you hit 38?

We did. Clockwise. Coming out of the ravine was pretty intense. It's really rutted out and there are a few spots where you have to ride a high-side on a slope just to stay out of a 4 foot rut. Pretty tough for a minute.