Sign in to follow this  

Few Enclosed Trailer Questions

Hey everyone, I am looking to pick up a Simple 6x10 enclosed trailer, and i am trying to figure out what brands are good.

I stopped at the local trailer dealer, and they sell Continental Cargo Trailers.....which are a division of Forest River i believe.

http://www.continentalcargotrailer.com/

-Are continental cargo trailers a good quality trailer that will last me years???

-What brands of enclosed trailers are good and which brands are bad???

At my local dealer i was able to negotiate a price of $1,900 Out the Door for a brand new Continental Cargo 6x10 trailer (White with swinging rear doors). I think that price is good, but i will be trying to get it for $1,700 Out The Door, as long as it is a good quailty brand and not junk.

So what do you guys think???

Is Continental Cargo a good brand of trailer, or should i look at other brands???

I am open to all opinions on what i should do!

Thanks,

Jon

hey,

i own a 5*10 continental cargo trailer, bought it new in 2000.

Been a great trailer, no problems. Starting to show its age now. Gonna put a checker plate stone guard on the front to hide all the stone marks.... make sure you get one put on from new... you'll be happy you did.

Overall, I love it. It's got torsion axles for a smooth ride, hauled alot of stuff through the 10 years. Used it for work the first 3 years of it's life, then converted it to a bike trailer.

I just keep grease in the bearings which is easy through the kwik grease hubs, and she keeps hauling the bikes down the road!!

If I'm ever upgrading, I will make continental cargo my choice for a replacement.

:banana:

Wouldn't trade my ramp door, worth every penny, just my opinion that is only worth confederate script on a good day......

MXWilly--Thanks for the review. I checked the trailer out further and it appears to be built well. (3" tubing chassis) I havent seen alot of them on the road, so i wasnt sure of the brand. (It seems like everyone has haulmarks around here)

pickelj--Thanks for the input, i have considered the ramp door, but perfer the simplicity of hinged doors better. I have my own idea for a ramp that i believe will work better for my needs. That is why i am getting a basic cargo trailer, i am going to modify it to my needs, Besides thats half the fun! Designing and building the inside.:banana:

hey,

i own a 5*10 continental cargo trailer, bought it new in 2000.

Been a great trailer, no problems. Starting to show its age now. Gonna put a checker plate stone guard on the front to hide all the stone marks.... make sure you get one put on from new... you'll be happy you did.

Overall, I love it. It's got torsion axles for a smooth ride, hauled alot of stuff through the 10 years. Used it for work the first 3 years of it's life, then converted it to a bike trailer.

I just keep grease in the bearings which is easy through the kwik grease hubs, and she keeps hauling the bikes down the road!!

If I'm ever upgrading, I will make continental cargo my choice for a replacement.

:banana:

Good review. Make sure to take the advice in bold. :lol:

My dad bought an 8x16 enclosed Continental Cargo a few years back. It is solid and has done us well for both work and play. We double thicked the floor for work reasons and added e-track for work and bikes. We bought it because it was the best priced used 16' enclosed trailer that was not beat to hell. After buying it and looking at others I actually prefer it and it appears to be heavier duty than some of the others.

-mt-