Sign in to follow this  

Rear Brake Caliper

Alright so i have an 07 crf250r and for the first time i put on new rear brake pads personally. i pushed the piston back, got the pads on, got the rear tire on, and since i didn't exactly know what i was doing i unscrewed the bleeder valve when i was trying to push the piston in. and now i have everything back together but now matter how many times i pump the rear brake the piston doesn't move and tighten up. any help would be appreciated. don't make fun of me.

Put more brake fluid in the rear master cylinder, put the cap back on and pump the brakes (you did push fluid out right?). I'm not sure what to do if you've ended up with air in the line, im sure someone will know though.

Put more brake fluid in the rear master cylinder, put the cap back on and pump the brakes (you did push fluid out right?). I'm not sure what to do if you've ended up with air in the line, im sure someone will know though.

ive topped off the rear brake reservoir, and what do you mean push fluid out? i opened up the valve and pushed down on the brake then tightened it back up. i mean some air might have gotten in.

ive topped off the rear brake reservoir, and what do you mean push fluid out? i opened up the valve and pushed down on the brake then tightened it back up. i mean some air might have gotten in.

Well, when you opened the valve i was just wondering if you lost fluid or not. I guess it doesn't matter either way. Locomx.com (locomafia) has a good vid on bleeding your brakes: http://www.locomafia.com/ It's tip #5