Sign in to follow this  

Batt. placement 00-07 XR650R

I used a WP4B-BS 12V 2.3 Ah. It fit above the air box if you move ign. box over above boot, Flat top the airbox and I used a pice of styro. two sided taped to the frame to keep the blade leads safe from frame fits real nice and will run the high beam and horn with bike off, and head light doesn't pulse with blinker I have a ricky stator and reg. UPDATE!!! Batt. works perfect no high beam pulse at idle with turn sig. very little with bike off and this batt. was 30 bucks last time i checked (GOOD) AA recharge were $5 a cell and then the pack labor

650r-2.jpg

Edited by azdrtdog

OK I can't attach pic. so I made it my profile pic. But I used a WP4B-BS 12V 2.3 Ah. It fit above the air box if you move ign. box over above boot, Flat top the airbox and I used a pice of styro. two sided taped to the frame to keep the blade leads safe from frame fits real nice and will run the high beam and horn with bike off, and head light doesn't pulse with blinker I have a ricky stator azdrtdog@hotmail.com If ya want bigger pic I'll send to anyone that wants one

Sounds like you has a converted dualsport bike with maybe a Baja Designs kit.

This what you looking for?

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-120315/Battery%2c+Nicad+Wired

The AA nicad/nimh packs are a lot easier to locate. A lead acid gel cell is just too big to fit in the same location easily, but you already know this. About the only other place is to put it up by the headlight. It's just not easy to find a spot for anything on a dirt bike.

I just removed the aa pack that was in the air box IMO this is far better power and it fit like it was made for it

OK I can't attach pic. so I made it my profile pic. But I used a WP4B-BS 12V 2.3 Ah. It fit above the air box if you move ign. box over above boot, Flat top the airbox and I used a pice of styro. two sided taped to the frame to keep the blade leads safe from frame fits real nice and will run the high beam and horn with bike off, and head light doesn't pulse with blinker I have a ricky stator azdrtdog@hotmail.com If ya want bigger pic I'll send to anyone that wants one

I sent you an email.

OK the web master sent me directions and I got it loaded and yes ie will run a bike fan just jumped one in fer fun to see