So You Think You Are A Badass Dirtbiker

Then tell me the truth, would you do this? -

Old Dog posted this on the Honda 650 forum, there is no way I could do this, heck, I get the pucker factor just watching the video.

So, if given the opportunity, would you ride this trail?

I have done alot of hiking and that is scary just walking it. I don't think I would ride it without a walkthrough first. There is NOWHERE to turn around if the trail ends or has been washed out. Scary/cool post friend. -BIG DAN:thumbsup:

PS: Here come those with balls to call me a wuss...

:banana: These guys just don't know! If you know where to look in Nor-Cal you can find that stuff all over.

I remember seeing a Mt. Biker on you-tube put a foot down and just get all air. He flipped over and down a cliff.

Found it.

I was TOLD about some gal that took a header off 2nd Divide.

:banana: These guys just don't know! If you know where to look in Nor-Cal you can find that stuff all over.

I remember seeing a Mt. Biker on you-tube put a foot down and just get all air. He flipped over and down a cliff.

Found it.

I was TOLD about some gal that took a header off 2nd Divide. They had to helicopter her out.

That video just sucked..

I get the pucker factor just watching the video.

if you can't ride that shizz you don't belong a dirtbike. you calls yourself a dirtbiker? :banana:?:lol:?

dirtbiking has reached an all time low.

ps-that video's been posted at least 4 times in the CA forum in the last month

• Like 1

^^^^He should know he posted it the first 3 times.. Jk Jk

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Fall down and possibly die or go ride good single track that Doesnt require me to take out the million dollar life insurance policy. No brainer...........Oldskoo11

I would ride it slowly like the guys in the vid no problemo. It's not steep, loose, etc....just the big drop off to keep you on your toes. At speed? Hell no.

Dangerous yeah, difficult no. I could see some of our Cali badasses taking that trail at 2x+ that speed. This has been posted on the Calil forum a bunch already. Nice view fo sure!

yeah i wouldnt ride that. the ratio of risk to reward adds up to retarded. i've ridden trails like this, but they were short and i could see the end of the goat trail. If i saw one like this where i couldnt see the end even after a little foot scouting, then i'd turn around and find another way around. since i wouldnt assume that there would be space to turn around later in the trail.

but thats the charm of motorbikes right? if you dont like the road before you, you can power through another way.

I was TOLD about some gal that took a header off 2nd Divide.

I was riding with a girl that fell off 2nd divide at one of the really steep parts. tumbled all the way to the river (100'?). She and the bike were ok, but it took 4 of us and rope to get the bike out and took til after dark, so we rode out in the dark with 2 headlights for 4 bikes.

I don't know if I'd ride that trail or not. For sure idaho and norcal have no shortage of extremely exposed trails, but usually shorter sections. OTOH, we often have technical maneuvers in the exposed sections too.

I've pedaled portal trail in moab. That's a 400' drop straight down off the trail. That's a little scary.

The thing about this trail that makes it different is the whole thing is one mistake and you are a goner. I know of several trails that have short sections that are pretty crazy. It's one thing to have a hundred feet of one mistake and you are done and it is something else when it goes on and on. I wouldn't even want to hike on that thing.

There are a few spots on the Piru creek trail in LPNF that have almost that kind of risk. There is one spot in particular where it a few hundred feet down to the river and it is almost vertical. Thank god it is a short section. I am always real careful there. One day many years ago I was on the trail and there was a heli hovering in the distance. They were plucking a guy who was hanging on to a bush about 1 quarter of the way down at that very spot. If he had slid another twenty feet he would have gone from the almost vertical to the 100% vertical part and suffered the same fate as his bike.

Hey Agent2, the mountains are fun. You need to try it sometime. Really.

Ok, didn't know it had been posted here before, guess my alzheimers is acting up. But it is a fun video to watch.

Hey Agent2, the mountains are fun. You need to try it sometime. Really.
I was going to say I will tag along with you someday, decided to stick to the flatland......

The thing about this trail that makes it different is the whole thing is one mistake and you are a goner. I know of several trails that have short sections that are pretty crazy. It's one thing to have a hundred feet of one mistake and you are done and it is something else when it goes on and on. I wouldn't even want to hike on that thing.

It's hard for me to tell how steep it is. If it's literally vertical (like the portal trail in moab), then that's pretty scary, but most really steep stuff is just steep, not vertical, and while a fall would be inconvenient, it might not be fatal.

I have fallen off trails that were so steep that i couldn't even pick up the bike without it sliding down the hill. Had to leave it laying down with the handlebars dug in until we could get another guy and use rope to drag it back up. Inconvenient, but no damage to bike or rider.