Sign in to follow this  

Oil Change Help

So I did the first oil change on my bike but I didn't read that it was a good idea to buy a new crush washer until after I'd started...

so... i was wondering where I might look to get a few new ones since I'm almost due for another oil change. I checked the oem parts section but wasn't sure which piece I needed exactly.

I'd also like to get some o-rings and whatever else is cheap to swap out and could use replacing during an oil change.

Thanks in advance!

My local dealer has crush washers in stock. No need to replace the o-ring unless it's damaged.

17,000 Miles and 17 oil changes on my DRZ says cush washers and o-rings are made to be re-used. But, never hurts to do it anyway.

The only thing is that the crush washers can actually split your case if they get too worn and tightened down.

The only thing is that the crush washers can actually split your case if they get too worn and tightened down.

+1.....they only cost about $1 apiece at the local stealership. i always replace mine on each oil change. Also, don't worry about the O-ring, reuse the old one if it's in good shape. I have reused mine for at least 5 oil changes and no problems...BTW I believe the oil drain bolt should be tightened down to 13 ft/lbs

thanks for the advice. So is there no oem part number I can use at the TT store? I'd really like to be able to order everything online in bulk. If not though I'll just run down to my local dealership and see what they have.

By looking at the OEM diagram on this website:

http://www.suzukipartshouse.net/pages/parts/viewbybrand/1/Suzuki.aspx

I think they are referring to this:

SKU: 09168-12002

GASKET

Your local dealer should have them. Thay are used on most mx bikes nowadays and are for the most part the same size. should cost less than a dollar a piece. Good piece of mind.

Looking at the TT eom parts store at this page http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432722&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2006&model=10127

I think the bottom drain plug washer is #14

GASKET, OIL LEVEL PLUG

09168-12002

On this page http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432733&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2006&model=10127

I think the frame plug washer is #18

GASKET, OIL GALLERY PLUG

09168-10002

I use the copper crush washers from the loacle car parts store

Me too. When my O-ring started to look rough I replaced it with an A/C seal from the auto parts store. These can be bought in assorted sizes on the cheap, and are designed to be used in oil.

I bought the $5 A/C rubber O-ring kit years ago and have used the rings so far on everything from my bike, to my tiolet's close valve...to my actual A/C compressor on my truck.

I use the copper crush washers from the loacle car parts store

what size? and thickness? Got a pic?

if you are partial to Suzuki part #09161-10009 for the 10mm, Honda's put the price up on the 10mm in CDN for some reason .....maybe the same in the US.

Edited by topaz250
clarification

if you are partial to Suzuki part #09161-10009 for the 10mm, Honda's put the price up on the 10mm in CDN for some reason .....maybe the same in the US.

Well crap.. your not kidding, they upped the cost to $2.13.. for a sealing washer :lol::banghead::)

Guess I'll find a new source.

Looks like the 12mm one is still ok.. @ $0.48 :thumbsup: