Sign in to follow this  

2009 or 2010???

Im going to buy a new RMZ-450 and was wondering if there Is there any difference between the 2009 and 2010s?

The 2010 are about $600 more then the left over 2009s.

Do the 2010s have better EFI mapping?

Thanks

:

Im going to buy a new RMZ-450 and was wondering if there Is there any difference between the 2009 and 2010s?

The 2010 are about $600 more then the left over 2009s.

Do the 2010s have better EFI mapping?

Thanks

Suzuki made alot of changes from 09 to 10. They worked out all the kinks the 09's had. I had a few issues with my 08 and 09 450's but other than that they where sick bikes. My 2010 is even better the best bike I've ever owned. If I where in your shoes I would definatly get the newer 2010. you wont be disapointed:thumbsup:

If they are only $600 more then just get to 10. The 10 are suppose to be much better bikes. If you are talking something like $2000 difference, then maybe I would consider the 09. I have an 08 and love it. If they did everything to the 10, they said they did, it should be a pretty sweet bike.

i'd find a leftover 08...... 5600.. 5700 new in my area.. (washington) vs 8100 for a 2010... are you Ricky-fast? are you Chad-fast?.. are you Ryan- fast?.... neither am I

Could someone please post 'the kinks' list of the 2009?

I'm very curious what's on that list.

Could someone please post 'the kinks' list of the 2009?

I'm very curious what's on that list.

The '09's really didn't have any. If you wanted to get picky you could maybe include "needing a better EFI map" and maybe "replace the plastic radiator T-hose fitting".

I assume that the 2010 still will have a plastic tube:smirk:

EFI can be fixed through Eddie S.

The 08s/09s have only a few shortcomings:

weak front brake

radiator t-fitting melts

weak mid-top power

It takes very little to make these bikes phenominal. Oversized front disc, aluminum t-fitting and an EFI tuner. you've now got an excellent bike that does everything extremely well.

I already bought the Honda front brake caliper. Still in need for a Honda pump. EFI will follow later, after solid brake in.

Can anyone please post up the kinks with 06 rmz 450