Tachometer don't work

A tachometer (also called a revolution-counter, rev-counter, or RPM gauge) is an instrument that measures the rotation speed of a shaft or disk, as in a motor or other machine. The device usually displays the revolutions per minute (RPM) on a calibrated analogue dial, but digital displays are increasingly common. The term comes from Greek Ταχος, tachos, "speed", and metron, "to measure".

Dr-650 : An under powered cumbersome gas powered street motorcycle disguised as a dual sport motorcycle. Usually driven as a Organ extension

by persons born with an extremely small one.

Well Wikipedia said it, Did I mention I ride the nimble

extremely off road capable (drivin by well equipped men)

DR-350 ?

Dr-650 : An under powered cumbersome gas powered street motorcycle disguised as a dual sport motorcycle. Usually driven as a Organ extension by persons born with an extremely small one.

underpowered? maybe. underpowered compared to a DR350? Not by Suzuki's numbers. But your 6 speed trans definitely helps some.

1991 DR350S

260 lbs dry

30 hp

8.7 lbs per hp

1991 DR650S

335 lbs dry

46 hp

7.3 lbs per hp

75 lbs lighter off road is a huge difference but my 5.5gal fuel tank will take me much further off road and back than your 2.4 gal tank.

_

I do kind of miss having the tach on my DR650. IMHO the instrument cluster on the DR2/350s and early DR650s was much nicer than what the 650's come with now. I also really miss that 6 speed gear box but I sure love the power and torque that my 650 puts out!

Ya well my 350 has an over sized tank.

but seriuously my last bike was a 150hp 1000cc so every thing since then feels pritty gutless. but the 350 is pritty capable off road as I'm sure the 650 is.

Any answers to my original question ?

underpowered? maybe. underpowered compared to a DR350? Not by Suzuki's numbers. But your 6 speed trans definitely helps some.

1991 DR350S

260 lbs dry

30 hp

8.7 lbs per hp

1991 DR650S

335 lbs dry

46 hp

7.3 lbs per hp

Does anyone know if you can feel a huge difference in power between the dr350 and the dr650? I like the torque of my 06 dr650 but have thought of purchasing a dr350 to add to the stable but not sure if I will like it or not.