Sign in to follow this  

Help me decide Husaberg or Husqvarna

I am looking at picking up a new bike for primarily dual sporting but also to use as a back up trail bike to my 2008 GasGas EC300. I have narrowed it down to a 2007 Husaberg FE450 with 1200 miles and has every thing done to it such as larger gas tank, suspension revolved and sprung for my weight, Scott's damper, baja kit, plated and a bunch of other stuff. The price is $5,000. Or a new 2009 Husqvarna TE450 completely stock except for the power up kit done for $5,800. I would need to drop about another $1,000 or so to get it set up the way I want. So what do you guys think? What way would you go. I have owned many Husqvarnas so I know they are good bikes. I have read quite a bit about the Husaberg's but never owned one. HELP ME PLEASE.

The only choice here is the Husky as it is street legal from the factory. Plus that is a good buy on a new Husky. The only issue I have with the Husky is the close ratio 6 speed tranny compared to the more versatile wide ratio 6 speed in the Berg. I believe that the Berg would be difficult to street plate in WA.

The only choice here is the Husky as it is street legal from the factory. Plus that is a good buy on a new Husky. The only issue I have with the Husky is the close ratio 6 speed tranny compared to the more versatile wide ratio 6 speed in the Berg. I believe that the Berg would be difficult to street plate in WA.

It is already plated in Washington. The wide ratio six speed is a big factor for sure.

I have a Husky, but for that price on a already set up bike? I'm thinking the Berg is the best bet; I don't know what parts availability is like for the bergs? And EFI, if you want EFI, I THINK only the Husky has it against that year Berg.

Really a coin flip.....

Wish I had to make a hard choice!:banana:

I don't know much about either bikes and reliablility however, the newer Huskies have been improved for sure. That being said, the price for the Husaberg is favourable as most of the depreciation has happened. So, $5800 + $1000 = $6800 for the Husky. What if you don't like it and want to sell? Take off $1500 min for that initial year.

Where as the Husaberg....if you fire saled it after one year you might take a hit of $500.

Also factor how much you will be riding it. 1000 miles....2000 miles.

Good luck.