Sign in to follow this  

Have ya'll seen this?

Christini's are rad, but what the hell are they proving by running those things through axle deep water like mad men? Is this typical Australian behavior?

If you want to see what Christini's are good at, watch this:

I've read that GNCC racers are starting to use them. You can't pick up a Dirtbike magazine without see something about a Christina modded bike.

I bet they don't suck.

This would be great for a run up Widowmaker in Utah! I wonder if this could be performed similarly using hydraulics instead of spline gears and frame mods?

its cool bu at the same time your taking away from the fun of just one tire spinning. thats what a motorcycle is, rear wheel drive. i think if i wanted to go through mud puddles i would buy a 4wd quad. the fun part about dirt bikes is the challenge of getting through the obstacle

Well, unfortunately that video isn't really doing the Christini any justice. They were designed for extreme enduros, where the two-wheel drive theoretically has an advantage. Geoff Aaron has done really well in the extreme enduros (e.g. Erzberg, Last Man Standing) and Endurocross on the Christini, but guys on regular old fashioned rear-wheel drive KTM 300's (and the "yuppie" BMW) are still winning.

It's cool to see someone trying something different. It's a truly unique aftermarket innovation. I can't think of anyone else doing something similar... maybe those crazy snowmobile conversions :banana:

http://www.explorermoto.com/home_en.aspx

Those are bitchin' plain and simple. Don't think they would work too great in higher speed terrain but for gnarly stuff they look like they're incredible. I'm all for innovations that work trying to unstick myself from the Preston Petty fender days on DT1's and TM's:)

Christini's are rad, but what the hell are they proving by running those things through axle deep water like mad men? Is this typical Australian behavior?

If you want to see what Christini's are good at, watch this:

I think the video is actually from New Zealand - so not us Aussies lol, it doesnt rain here!

I think the point of it is just to show how much traction you can get in such a boggy situation lol.