Sign in to follow this  

For the love of god stop it!!

Alright with all these posts of engine failures you guys are giving me a complex. Every time I ride I catch my self thinking "is it noiser than usual?", "is it vibrating more than usual?", "is running at 7300rpm for 30mins gonna wear out my motor?". Don't get me wrong, in some ways I want the motor to blow so I can justify the stroker but jesus let me ride in ignorant bliss till that day comes

Sorry man, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. If you want piece of mind just take your motor apart and inspect. That's what I did and saved myself thousands in repair by finding something before failure.:banana:

Sorry man, but that's just the way it goes sometimes. If you want piece of mind just take your motor apart and inspect. That's what I did and saved myself thousands in repair by finding something before failure.:banana:

You know it's funny having Eddie so close makes me lazy. Rejet for the MRD? nah I'll just take it to eddie and have him do a checkup at the same time. It's sad since I wouldn't think twice about swapping a supra motor into a 4runner or something like my current project a 540i v8 and 6sp manual into a 1995 525it.

After reading thousends of posts here , my impression is that most of the engine failures is caused by lack of maintance ,and the engines gives warnings before breaking apart.

If you get new noises from the engine , check it out before riding.

Change your good oil often enough.

Do the locktite fixes.

Check your valves more often than 15000miles

Do the "free power mod"

You know it's funny having Eddie so close makes me lazy. Rejet for the MRD? nah I'll just take it to eddie and have him do a checkup at the same time. .

Why not DIY? You might learn something...:banana:

I stopped riding my DRZ and ride my mountain bike, instead. This way, my DRZ's motor will last forever.

My plan is better. I am going to ride it as much as possible before it blows...

how many people post just to tell everyone their bike is running great? its rare.

how many post to say they think the motor is hurt when it probably isnt? alot.

how many post when something goes wrong on the bike? most everyone, except the ones that are embarrassed about it becuase it was easily prevented.

hey my bike is running GREAT!!!!!! ha lol no really it is.

how many people post just to tell everyone their bike is running great? its rare.

how many post to say they think the motor is hurt when it probably isnt? alot.

how many post when something goes wrong on the bike? most everyone, except the ones that are embarrassed about it becuase it was easily prevented.

LOL it doesn't change the fact it plants that little seed of doubt in the back of my mind even though my bike runs as perfectly as the day I picked it up from your shop and I change the oil every month or two. :banana:

I had that seed of doubt.

Then it went to Eddie, :lol: now it runs great. :banana:

I swear I started at least 1 thread about how good it runs.....

I hear ya, all these posts about the "ticking sound" always cause me to do a paranoid double-take to the regular sounds of my valves tapping during my pre-flight walk-around. Maybe I'll dip my valve lobe's in some Rubberize-It to quiet things down and give them a custom red look.