Sign in to follow this  

Cylinder Works 440 BB kit... still available? Any Good?

Hiya...

l have been trying to dig up some info on a Cylinder Works 440 kit but so far not much luck. Even running "DRZ 440 kit" through Google has produced very little because l keep getting directed to 434 kits.

ls there such a thing as the 440? ls it a misprint? Has it been discontinued due to problems? l've heard that they come with a 94mm Namura piston which l have never heard of, either.

Are these kits as good as anything else out there?

There is no 440 kit. People just round the 434 off....

Cylinder Works and Namura are two different company's .

Cylinder Works seems to have paired up with Namura to make a kit, though. That's why l was asking about the quality of Namura. lf it had been a JE or Wiseco piston l wouldn't have asked because they are both well known and respected brands. l don't know anything about Namura.

Thanks to you guys above for letting me know! Much appreciated (:banana:)

I am almost 100% certain that Eddie has given thumbs up for the Namura piston in some other thread.

I am almost 100% certain that Eddie has given thumbs up for the Namura piston in some other thread.

ive only built one motor using the namura kit.

i have never heard from the customer again so i assume its alive and well.

• Like 1

My cylinder works kit came with a CW cylinder, weisco piston, and cometic gaskets. It is also from ebay.

ditto.

i've never heard of the namura piston. i knew they made cylinders though.

these kits are selling pretty cheap on ebay these days.

ive only built one motor using the namura kit.

i have never heard from the customer again so i assume its alive and well.

Eddie, I'm wondering what base gasket you used on that build and what compression you wound up with? Namura claims 12.3:1, (4play 434) but cannot decide (Todd Waters, sales manager) if thats with the DRZE or LTZ base gasket.

Does anyone have a thought on the compression of this kit?

P1010009.jpg

Flywalker , the CW is a proven product and if installed properly and run in correctly , will give many years of fun . Most people call them a 440 but they really are 434 . As you can see in my pic , mine came with a vertex piston , some guys got weisco and some JE . I think it depends on parts availability at the time of order as to what you get , but all are a good quality . greg

Eddie, I'm wondering what base gasket you used on that build and what compression you wound up with? Namura claims 12.3:1, (4play 434) but cannot decide (Todd Waters, sales manager) if thats with the DRZE or LTZ base gasket.

Does anyone have a thought on the compression of this kit?

its 12.3 to 1 with a sinlge layer gasket.

There is no 440 kit. People just round the 434 off....

Yes there is. I have one. It has a 94.5mm piston.

Anyway... According to Eddie, they have head gasket issues. Mine is fine, but I don't have enough time on it to know.

Stick to the regular 94mm kits to be safe.

I've also been looking at the BB kits on feebay. Curious what the take on cw versus JE kits. I have read that the je piston needs little work for a stroker crank, how does the vertex piston compare. I'm assuming the base gasket does not come with either kit.

Base gasket comes with CW kit. Not sure about JE. Didn't want the Namura cylinder.