Sign in to follow this  

thinking about selling my 07 crf250r

Thinking about sellling it for a new yz 250. do you guys think that its a good idea? I like my bike but hate the valves.:banana:

nope im on my third set of them. i have the kibbel whites now. and my second cam

I guess I was lied to, in another thread I was told 2006+ are ok, guess not ?

Nope i had the bike since it was new and had valves problems ever since.:banana: the kibble whites last the longest i have about 20 hours on them now.:lol:

how may hours did you get on the first 2 sets, and was it all that failed, I've read a lot of people have one of the intakes go faster than the rest

Nope i had the bike since it was new and had valves problems ever since.:banana: the kibble whites last the longest i have about 20 hours on them now.:lol:

Really? I've heard some bad things about kibble whites...

20/30 hours on my fist valve change the vales shredded my cam. one of the shims came lose.:banana:

sounds like your doing something wrong.....i got 200 hours on my stock TI set on my 07 crf250r. then i just replaced them to get kibbel while's and a stage 2 hotcam.

look i'm only telling you what happened to me. and the kibble whites work good. the first time my shim broke lose and got stuck in the valves. the second time my valves just kept stretching out. this is my third set. i did every thing just the way the manual said. if i get a chance ill post a picture of my old valves. i do beat my bike up when i ride. i'm always hitting the rev limiter. but what do you guys think of the yz250???

Get a 250 2 stroke whether its a yz or ktm you cant go wrong they are great these days. I ride a tm you might want to look into them there sweet bikes too.

20/30 hours on my fist valve change the vales shredded my cam. one of the shims came lose.:banana:

Who does the work on your motor?

I have a CRF250r 2006 with 100 + hours still on original valves just recently installed hotcams stage 2 and runned 15 hours check valves still in spec.

The lifespan on a valve train of a 4 stroke motor depends on how is the valve clearance set,your jetting,your airfilter condition,and lubrication.

Too loose your valve clearance is going to hammer your valve buckets, resulting in damaged camshaft,valve train noise,damage valve buckets,mushroom valve tip,worst case valve retainer lock coming off droping valve into cylinder.

Too tight a valve clearance will also shorten the lifespan of the valves.Less heat dissipitation and overheating of the valves resulting in premature wear and worst case valve stem breakage.

Too lean an airfuel mixture caused by plug pilot jet ,improper fuel screw adjustment,too small mainjet,Airleaks in carb boots wrong fuel can also caused early valve failures.Why? It will overheat the valves or it will ping or have a detonation inside the combustion chamber.

Having dirt pass due to a bad airfiter can also contribute to early valve wear.

Insufficient lubrication can also damage camshaft,bearings and lobes.Damage camshaft lobes are also hard on valve buckets,shims,valve retainer locks.

Guys even I have a brand new bike from the dealer I always see to it that the valve clearance is set properly.

I came off a 250f when I first got a 250 2 stroke, actually had them at the same time for a while. 250 2 stroke was the bike that came out everytime. 250f came out rarely. It was different riding it but I adjusted in one day. I found it much easier to clear the jumps, more fun in the corners, and more fun just because it is different. With most people on the 4 strokes bringing a 2 stroke out makes you feel like the underdog.